Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

But you and I both know that sooner or later even a Mark Belanger or a Brooks Robinson will booble a ball and if you are running as fast as your legs will carry you that you will be safe at first. Which is why every committed player from the Little League to the Major League needs to make maximum effort on every play. No excuses. Do it!

Joe Maddon used to say it was his only "rule" as a manager. I don't know about maximum, because there are injury concerns, but run hard.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with some others in thinking we'll option TJ, keeping Cabral. With the day off, we'll hope we don't need a long man (and, if so, it'll be Brach). If the bullpen does get heavily taxed, we can always option Cabral (who we'd like to keep as a lefty, but may not have the luxury) and bring up someone like Gamboa to give us length.

I just struggle to see us lose a guy like Snider or Lough (both guys are useful in different ways) to press Reimold up to the bigs 5 days before we can really afford to do so, given the current Matusz constraint.

Like seeing Reimold get the chance, but the timing is a bit odd. Hope Nolan hits and it works out.

They said they brought up Reimold instead of Parmalee because they wanted a RH bat, not a LH bat.

I don't think they need MORE RH bats. I think they need a RH bat that will produce. Right now we only have only Manny and AJ from the right side that are doing anything at all.

Anybody's expectations for the right side of our batting lineup have been decimated by the absence of Schoop, and the complete lack of production from Hardy and Pearce.

My guess is that they're hoping to ride Nolan's current hot streak until Schoop gets back, at which time they maybe expect that he won't be worse than Pearce or Young.

Solution? Pearce or Young goes. I'm guessing that they also have a deal in place, otherwise the timing makes no sense. They don't have to do anything with Nolan for a month and they could just wait until Matusz' suspension is over to rework the roster.

Nolan for Pearce or Young. One of those guys traded.

They said they brought up Reimold instead of Parmalee because they wanted a RH bat, not a LH bat.

I don't think they need MORE RH bats. I think they need a RH bat that will produce. Right now we only have only Manny and AJ from the right side that are doing anything at all.

Anybody's expectations for the right side of our batting lineup have been decimated by the absence of Schoop, and the complete lack of production from Hardy and Pearce.

My guess is that they're hoping to ride Nolan's current hot streak until Schoop gets back, at which time they maybe expect that he won't be worse than Pearce or Young.

Solution? Pearce or Young goes. I'm guessing that they also have a deal in place, otherwise the timing makes no sense. They don't have to do anything with Nolan for a month and they could just wait until Matusz' suspension is over to rework the roster.

Nolan for Pearce or Young. One of those guys traded.

I can't see them getting rid of Pearce tomorrow. I can't see them carrying no back up middle infielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see them getting rid of Pearce tomorrow. I can't see them carrying no back up middle infielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be ridiculous to do so. Pearce is a decent COF, good 1B who plays a surprisingly decent 2B. He was one of our best hitters last year but is struggling so far with the bat. To replace him with a AAA guy who is barely hitting above .700 OPS and not hitting for power, and who can't play any position adequately, is crazy.

NOTHING.Nothing short of us winning the division again would make me happier than to see Nolan Reimold contribute for this team. Talk about having to bear many burdens. The guy has 9 lives. I hope that this time he is a keeper.
tumblr_llvgdyIKkZ1qkcqgio1_250.gif

afilc8vm3dmfmwhfibj0.jpg

NOTHING.Nothing short of us winning the division again would make me happier than to see Nolan Reimold contribute for this team. Talk about having to bear many burdens. The guy has 9 lives. I hope that this time he is a keeper.

I agree 100%. Nolan was the first player I came to root for.

I have a 3 piece set of bobbleheads of the outfield from 2011. Nolan, AJ, and Kakes. They are 3 separate pieces but are also linked at the base.

Evidently I love the underdog. Nolan and Ryan are 2 of my favorite players.

People forget Nolan was the one who tied it up. I'm ready to buy a Nolan jersey. I have a strange man crush on this dude. Don't let us down No. Claim the job Brother!

I already have 3 of them.

I love Reimold, too.

I saw him play for the AAA-Tides in 2009 in Scranton, PA, just before he got called up to the majors.

Archived