MASNRoch: Brady Anderson and Miguel Gonzalez

weams

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In an attempt to stay strong and not require extra rest, Gonzalez again worked out over the winter with vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson.

"We had a good time again," said Gonzalez, who agreed to a one-year contract worth $3.275 million earlier this month in his first year of arbitration eligibility. "We got strong. My lower half feels good, my arm feels great, I have no issues, so I'm ready to go.

"He makes it so much easier for us. He always has his home open for us. We really thank him for what he's been doing the past couple of years. We're always happen to be around him. He knows what he's doing."

8624034782_ce8b559479_z.jpg

Gonzo is easily my favorite starter and he gets the least respect of the starters. It would be a complete waste to have him in the bullpen this season.

Doesn't seem like any good scenarios to resolve the situation. Wouldn't be against trading Norris at the end of ST if someone loses a pitcher for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it happens (Gausman to Norfolk) it's to keep him stretched out and working on his breaking stuff and providing depth. It also allows the O's to carry another pitcher on the roster while they figure things out. Might give them a few more weeks to get a look at Jason Garcia or Verrett in real major league games.

I see no situation where both of those arms are returned without a glance in the big leagues. McFarland, Gonzalez, Gausman all may have to take one for the team.

12 man staff to open season

1. Tillman

2. Chen

3. Norris

4. Jimenez

5. Gonzalez

6. McFarland

7. Jason Garcia

8. Brad Brach

9. Wesley Wright

10. Tommy Hunter

11. Darren O'Day

12. Zach Britton

The O's are going to do everything they can to keep Garcia's arm in the system for the future. It's a bonus if he can contribute meaningful innings this year.

I see McFarland on the team as the long man and the 2nd match up lefty in the pen. He is also the only guy in the bullpen with an option, giving them at least some flexibility.

I see Verrett being offered back to the Mets because we have more like him (Wilson, Wright) in the minors.

I see Webb and Matusz as the odd men out. The O's obviously wanted to move Matusz to the Pirates in the original Snider deal. Not sure how Duquette does it but both will be gone before opening day.

Chances are very good that a pitcher will qualify as disabled by the time times start up as well.

12 man staff to open season

1. Tillman

2. Chen

3. Norris

4. Jimenez

5. Gonzalez

6. McFarland

7. Jason Garcia

8. Brad Brach

9. Wesley Wright

10. Tommy Hunter

11. Darren O'Day

12. Zach Britton

The O's are going to do everything they can to keep Garcia's arm in the system for the future. It's a bonus if he can contribute meaningful innings this year.

I see McFarland on the team as the long man and the 2nd match up lefty in the pen. He is also the only guy in the bullpen with an option, giving them at least some flexibility.

I see Verrett being offered back to the Mets because we have more like him (Wilson, Wright) in the minors.

I see Webb and Matusz as the odd men out. The O's obviously wanted to move Matusz to the Pirates in the original Snider deal. Not sure how Duquette does it but both will be gone before opening day.

If we only need four starters to start the year, why not start gonzo at AAA as well?

If we only need four starters to start the year, why not start gonzo at AAA as well?

We probably will. It would be foolish to not do that no matter if he earns a spot or not. I think it is ten days until them need a fifth starter.

If it happens (Gausman to Norfolk) it's to keep him stretched out and working on his breaking stuff and providing depth. It also allows the O's to carry another pitcher on the roster while they figure things out. Might give them a few more weeks to get a look at Jason Garcia or Verrett in real major league games.

What if Ubaldo pitches well and the rest pitch like last season? Do we not see Gausman until September? Of course injuries happen. But what if it's like last season an nobody is shelved for a long period of time. Do you bring up Gausman for a couple of starts and then face the six man problem? Then what? Do we yo-yo Gausman back down?

What if Ubaldo pitches well and the rest pitch like last season? Do we not see Gausman until September? Of course injuries happen. But what if it's like last season an nobody is shelved for a long period of time. Do you bring up Gausman for a couple of starts and then face the six man problem? Then what? Do we yo-yo Gausman back down?

Obviously the rule five decision is made by May. Trades can occur before June. No, if Gausman is healthy, he will pitch most of the year in the majors.

Archived