Opening Day Tix

Pedro Cerrano

The good news is I'm in, and the seats were only $22 a piece. Can't beat that on Opening friggin Day!

Might use the savings for a cab ride home. That's how you drink.............................responsibly!

Your seats are on sale on stubhub for 108 dollars.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. I was one of the frustrated customers, but Weams and Sean kept me cool. It took me about 45 minutes to finally get through, and I ended up with seats in section 308, essentially I'm sitting on the Warehouse roof. lol But its Opening Day, and I'm in. No complaints from me.

That said, I had a buddy who also is a 13 plan holder, and at 2:22 it told him all tickets were sold. I got mine at 245. So how and why did he get that message?

I told him to call Sean and explain what happened.

Anyway, public shout out and thanks to my man Weams, and my rep Sean!

I got 308 at 2:15 as the best available. The ticketing system makes no sense sometimes.

So. You feel the scalpers are buying the season packages?

No question. If you're a dedicated scalper, you could afford to buy 10 full season plans easy. You make a killing on the Opening Day tickets, plus whatever other high-demand games are on the schedule (big giveaways, milestone games, tie-breakers, autograph promotions, etc.).

You buy 10 81-game plans at $1,076 for upper reserve seats.

You roughly spend $11,000 for 810 tickets. 81 games x 10 seats per game. That comes to about $13.58 per ticket.

Sell each one with a 10% profit ($1.35). That's $15 per ticket sold. Sell all 810 tickets, you've made $12,100 (a $1,100 profit) over a six month season, not including the high-demand tickets that sell for 200-1000% what you paid. Plus you get the inside track on potential playoff tickets as well as next year's Opening Day.

Yep. It pays to be a scalper. If you're unscrupulous enough to be one.

I got 308 at 2:15 as the best available. The ticketing system makes no sense sometimes.

You and Weams must be the only two people who saw this "Best Available" button. I don't think the rest of us had that.

So Weamsie, you're saying I could sell my pair right now for over $200? :scratchchinhmm:

You and Weams must be the only two people who saw this "Best Available" button. I don't think the rest of us had that.

So Weamsie, you're saying I could sell my pair right now for over $200? :scratchchinhmm:

It appears so.

No button - I meant by just moving down the list of pricing categories until I got tickets.

From my experience those are sections of seats that the O's hold back until closer to the game because they are not as desirable and week days they can funnel ppl to other seats, they do the same in other sections throughout stadium like section 70, it will open up on the day or 2 before the game. I do think there are scalpers but not enough to buy up whole sections

Well, it would make sense for those sections to be targeted for scalping. I look at Opening Day prices. $100 for what would normally be sub $15 face value. Seats similar to my tickets on the other hand are some of the most expensive at OPACY and barely getting 4x face value. For the rest of the games not marked prime, they're selling for less than 50% face value.

But I think a lot of people are overestimating scalping's effect. Even if I sold every game, I would come out at a loss. Really, the only possible seats to make a profit are those cheap seats, and I can't imagine anyone really wanting to sit there during most games when you could purchase a much better seat for only slightly more money.

Everyone just wants to go to Opening Day and playoff games.

The Orioles also sell those seats to bars and these tour groups. They force them to do 2 or 3 other games but they give them preference because they buy every year. The other reality is scampers have the same right to exchanges so you can play your useless Tuesday night Toronto tickets into Friday night Yankee games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Orioles also sell those seats to bars and these tour groups. They force them to do 2 or 3 other games but they give them preference because they buy every year. The other reality is scampers have the same right to exchanges so you can play your useless Tuesday night Toronto tickets into Friday night Yankee games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. No. They figured this out years ago.

I am 6 rows from first base. My tickets are about $40 (ST face value) for a Mon/Tues night game - If you try to exchange your Monday Tampa Bay Devil Ray tickets for a Friday/Saturday night Yanks/Sox game the tickets are $90.00.

You could essential exchange the ticket for a different section but you are not going to make any $$$ on the tickets unless theres a big promotion or its a special game.

Hey Mayor,

Thank you , I think we all understand the dollar for dollar exchange. If you buy a 29/81 game plan with the intention to resell though you have some undesirable games. So for simple math... you have 10 seats for Tuesday night for Toronto. They cost $100 total. You can only sell them for $7 each...you lose $30. Now you take your $100 with of LF nosebleeds to the ticket office and you trade them for two $50 Club Seats to a Yankees game on Saturday night in June. You sell them for $65 each. On your $100 you use to lose $30 (thus eating into your profits from Opening Day), now you made $30 and you don't have to sell as many tickets.

You are thinking like a fan, not a scalper.

Hey Mayor,

Thank you , I think we all understand the dollar for dollar exchange. If you buy a 29/81 game plan with the intention to resell though you have some undesirable games. So for simple math... you have 10 seats for Tuesday night for Toronto. They cost $100 total. You can only sell them for $7 each...you lose $30. Now you take your $100 with of LF nosebleeds to the ticket office and you trade them for two $50 Club Seats to a Yankees game on Saturday night in June. You sell them for $65 each. On your $100 you use to lose $30 (thus eating into your profits from Opening Day), now you made $30 and you don't have to sell as many tickets.

You are thinking like a fan, not a scalper.

I gotcha. I have a 29 game plan and have ended up exchaning tickets but never for re-sale. I trust your math.

However, for some games that I cannot attend - Red Sox, Yanks , etc. To make things easier I end up using StubHub to resell my tickets... There fee's are borderline criminal and I end up selling my tickets for Profit but end up losing money on the fee's... It's really disgusting what they do to you. :puke:

I may have to use you as my broker, interested? :beerchug1:

Archived