Opening Day Tix

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it appeared I got tickets and got the confirmation page, but they're not showing up in my inventory and I didn't get a confirmation email. Now, when I try to do it again the option is missing from my special offers tab. Is there a delay right now, or did I just get screwed?

So it appeared I got tickets and got the confirmation page, but they're not showing up in my inventory and I didn't get a confirmation email. Now, when I try to do it again the option is missing from my special offers tab. Is there a delay right now, or did I just get screwed?

It took a few agonizing minutes, but they showed up in my inventory. If you got to the confirmation page, you should be good to go.

Complete BS...timed out twice while approving credit card, now I'm shut out, I'm so pissed I might just get rid of my season tickets. Awful system. F*** the Orioles

Customer service number down too...worst run organization ever. Why did I buy a 13 game plan his year? Lesson learned. never again. I'm so pissed at this team right now

This happened to me, too. Had decent seats, completed credit card, email and phone info, then clicked purchase. The site went away and the 'time to complete' clock ran out. I have sent a letter off to my designated hitter. I will probably demand a refund of season tickets as well. Been an orioles fan since '67. Bad, bad, bad business.

Complete BS...timed out twice while approving credit card, now I'm shut out, I'm so pissed I might just get rid of my season tickets. Awful system. F*** the Orioles

Customer service number down too...worst run organization ever. Why did I buy a 13 game plan his year? Lesson learned. never again. I'm so pissed at this team right now

Are you 100% sure you didn't get them? I had similar issues, but they're in my inventory now. I never reached a confirmation page or got an email.

I think I had similar troubles just like everyone else. And at that, I had what I thought were two tickets in my cart, and only now have one in my inventory.

So hate to be that guy, anyone want to "trade" or "upgrade" their seat in exchange for two tickets? I've got one ticket in section 79

according to the Oriole's tickets page

"Unfortunately, tickets are no longer available to Opening Day. The Orioles have made every effort to accommodate as many Season Plan Members as possible. Tickets to all other remaining home games are currently available and can be purchased at your discounted Season Plan Member rate."

Complete BS...timed out twice while approving credit card, now I'm shut out, I'm so pissed I might just get rid of my season tickets.

Customer service number down too.

Had the same issue. Clicked 'Buy Tickets' with 4:30 to go on the Complete This Page Clock and got timed out on two decent Upper Box tickets.

I was fortunate enough to get back in on time and get seats 2nd row from the top in the Upper Deck.

Hope you find a remedy that involves getting tickets.

Same thing happened to me that others reported in re: getting to the credit card/payment screen and getting booted off the system after it failed to accept payment in a timely fashion.

I called the ticket office immediately, and they didn't see that my purchase had gone through, so they found me two other seats in section 79 on the aisle. Problem being, of course, that the foul pole makes for an obstructed view.

This was almost as bad as the postseason ticket sales last season.

I had two PCs going, with as many as 6 tabs open at once. They kept logging me off every step of the way. I refreshed and refreshed. Finally I got in but it seemed like all the tickets were already gone. Finally I got two tickets in the upper level behind home plate. Then the checkout pages wouldn't load and the countdown was ticking. Finally, with 13 seconds left on the clock, my purchase was approved.

I haven't been to Opening Day since I was a kid, but I'm strongly considering selling my tickets because my family could really use the extra money right now. It's a real hard choice to make... :002_scry:

My wife kept getting thrown out of the site. Eventually around 230 she got 2 upper reserve. I was trying at the same time on my phone and had gotten 2 before I released them when she texted me she got thru. The people that got tickets and got thrown out have a right to be furious. I feel lucky to be going.

This was almost as bad as the postseason ticket sales last season.

I had two PCs going, with as many as 6 tabs open at once. They kept logging me off every step of the way. I refreshed and refreshed. Finally I got in but it seemed like all the tickets were already gone. Finally I got two tickets in the upper level behind home plate. Then the checkout pages wouldn't load and the countdown was ticking. Finally, with 13 seconds left on the clock, my purchase was approved.

I haven't been to Opening Day since I was a kid, but I'm strongly considering selling my tickets because my family could really use the extra money right now. It's a real hard choice to make... :002_scry:

I'm sorry for your situation and hope it works out for you.

That said, I think we all have to realize that the bolded is a large part of the reason that the online system doesn't work. The Orioles could be to blame for not having a system that can handle a few hundred thousand simultaneous requests for seats. Then again, the fans could be to blame for being...well...

...overly aggressive?

Archived