Roch: Hardy's Shoulder Injury

weams

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want him anywhere near the Blue Jays' sphere of influence.

I've been told they are relative non-influential. Especial with Beeston there. MLB does not listen, Canada does not listen. Angelos does not listen. Big Ed is an Island.

I don't want him anywhere near the Blue Jays' sphere of influence.

Why do injuries almost always seem to happen right after a contract extension. Never wish for any injuries but at least Wieters hit before any extension. Just terrible luck it seems.

Thanks, Mike.

I've been a little skeptical about Hardy's progress, given the reports from Roch (on Twitter), and also the fact that he has yet to actually play any games for AAA-Norfolk, or AA-Bowie yet.

I'm glad that they are not forcing the issue and making him play in the game(s), which could potentially make it worse than it already is (as was the case with Luke Scott in 2011, his last season with the Orioles.)

Although in Scott's case, his lack of recovery was mostly his own fault. He was absolutely insisting on playing for AA-Bowie the minute that his injury felt slightly better. He was called up to the Orioles in late July, re-aggravated the injury after playing in one game, and went to the D.L. for the rest of the season.

I hope that Hardy is not as hard-headed as was Scott back in 2011. He doesn't appear to be.

Or the dubious logic of extending middle infielders on the wrong side of 30.

Yep, I was a lonely voice that was adamantly against extending Hardy. The guy goes from 20+ HR power to 9 and the O's shrug it off and give him a 3 year extension. The back problem, the seemingly regular cortisone shots.

I expect this to be just as bad as the BRob signing, and at least BRob was on top of his game when they extended him

o

From yesterday:

J.J. Hardy took live batting practice at Triple-A Norfolk for the second day in a row, and manager Buck Showalter is waiting to receive a report. He won't be rushed back simply because Flaherty went on the disabled list.

AAA-Norfolk leaves town on Sunday, and all of the affiliates are on the road. Showalter said Hardy might have to go to AAA-Buffalo with the AAA-Tides.

Hardy won't begin playing in games until he can go consecutive games without feeling any discomfort in his left shoulder when getting full extension on his swing.

Notes on Flaherty, Lough, Hardy, Wieters, and More

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/04/notes-on-flaherty-lough-hardy-weiters-and-more.html

o

From yesterday:

J.J. Hardy took live batting practice at Triple-A Norfolk for the second day in a row, and manager Buck Showalter is waiting to receive a report. He won't be rushed back simply because Flaherty went on the disabled list.

AAA-Norfolk leaves town on Sunday, and all of the affiliates are on the road. Showalter said Hardy might have to go to AAA-Buffalo with the AAA-Tides.

Hardy won't begin playing in games until he can go consecutive games without feeling any discomfort in his left shoulder when getting full extension on his swing.

Notes on Flaherty, Lough, Hardy, Wieters, and More

(By Roch Kubatko)

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/04/notes-on-flaherty-lough-hardy-weiters-and-more.html

According to Roch, after taking batting practice two days in a row, Hard is headed back to Baltimore because all the affiliates are on the road.

J.J. Hardy won't take batting practice with the Orioles today. He's coming to Camden Yards to discuss the next step in his rehab and whether he's nearing an assignment with an affiliate.

Hardy is still feeling a slight twinge in his left shoulder when swinging a bat

Roch's Arms

"Last I heard, I think (Hardy) is coming in for the day," Russell said. "He's been taking batting practice. I think he still feels just a little bit. I can't go into a lot of detail. I'll let Buck handle more of that. I do know he's making very good progress, so knock on wood that's a good sign.

Hardy received a cortisone shot yesterday (Saturday) and will be shut down until Wednesday. He still feels it when he swings. He won't be put on a rehab assignment until he can take batting practice two days in a row without feeling it.

I didn't expect this to keep him out for a month, now there seems to be no end in site. Cabrera is doing a good job defensively, but Hardy is missed.

Hardy received a cortisone shot yesterday (Saturday) and will be shut down until Wednesday. He still feels it when he swings. He won't be put on a rehab assignment until he can take batting practice two days in a row without feeling it.

I didn't expect this to keep him out for a month, now there seems to be no end in site. Cabrera is doing a good job defensively, but Hardy is missed.

Thanks for the update.

I have a feeling that we will wind up getting both Flaherty and Hardy back at about the same time (around the middle of May.)

I do not have good thoughts about how this ends up.

Archived