Boras Client Agrees to Extension ( Excel Sports Management, actually)

weams

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might, depending on other circumstances.

I wouldn't want to outright deny the possibility.

I'd send my dead mother out there before I paid Porcello 20 million a year.

Porcello is certainly a compelling case with his command, durability and peripherals. I can see leveraging him out with a good IF defense and effective shift strategies. I get the idea there. Still, he's a sinkerballer with a thin margin for error and ok stuff. 20 mil is just crazy. I'm fully expecting at least one poster (who shall remain nameless) to come on here and rationalize it though.

Dave Cameron did. He said that he was getting 100 million this off-season. Even if so, 17 million is an appropriate injury discount for that type of guarantee.

I don't see where he would have pulled in 4/100.

If he got 100 it would have been for at least 5 years.

Dave Cameron did. He said that he was getting 100 million this off-season. Even if so, 17 million is an appropriate injury discount for that type of guarantee.

Not who I was thinking of, but not that surprising. Not much of a Cameron fan.

Isn't 1 unit of FA WAR about 6-7 mil per win now? I don't think that even adds up. I'm guessing that's the more favorable fWAR.

I could see Porcello getting $15-18 mm/yr if he was healthy as he hit FA. The Soc are way overpaying. So what's new?

I could see Porcello getting $15-18 mm/yr if he was healthy as he hit FA. The Sox are way overpaying. So what's new?

True. Like to have their money, but I guess that's always a good thing for us really. Doesn't help us much with a Tillman extension though.

I could see Porcello getting $15-18 mm/yr if he was healthy as he hit FA. The Soc are way overpaying. So what's new?

Just so shocking considering they could have retained Lester around this time last year had they bumped their offer slightly.

Scott Feldman got 3/$30M a year ago and nobody was sad that the O's didn't sign him. Has the market blown up that much in a year?

One rationale for this deal is that the Red Sox are trying to raise their rivals' costs. Deals like this will price the O's out of resigning any of their starters, and that's fine with the Red Sox.

Wow. Porcello had a 4 rWAR last year. A significant chunk of that was the Tigers defense (ra9def) crediting almost 4/10 of a run per game (0.38). ContrastlyTillman was debited 1/3 of a run (0.33). So the difference in defense between DET and BAL was more than 7/10 of a run per 9 innings. Holy crap !! Not sure I buy it.

Archived