Sit Davis against all hardthrowers

ChuckS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought he hit the ball well on Friday and Saturday. He is streaky. Two years ago is not the real Chris Davis. Remember when he pitched against the Red Sox. I think he was 0-8,with five or six strikeouts.

The Real Chris Davis is not worth 12 million dollars either. I don't enjoy watching him play. All those strike-outs and hitting into the shift plus his drug suspension = zero chance of me offering him arbitration last year. I don't know why the team did. I would have much rather seen Markakis in O's uniform this year.

The Real Chris Davis is not worth 12 million dollars either. I don't enjoy watching him play. All those strike-outs and hitting into the shift plus his drug suspension = zero chance of me offering him arbitration last year. I don't know why the team did. I would have much rather seen Markakis in O's uniform this year.

Because you take the risk that Davis returns to even 2012 form. You are basically signing him to a 1 year $12M instead of committing several years.

Because you take the risk that Davis returns to even 2012 form. You are basically signing him to a 1 year $12M instead of committing several years.

You didn't have to commit to Markakis for serveral years. It would have cost 15 million to pick up his option. Not offering arbitration to Davis and Hunter would have paid for Markakis.

You didn't have to commit to Markakis for serveral years. It would have cost 15 million to pick up his option. Not offering arbitration to Davis and Hunter would have paid for Markakis.

Markakis was more easily replaceable than Davis. The power hitters are much harder to come by.

Davis hasn't been good in almost two years. 2015 is starting out badly, 2014 was terrible, and his post 2013 all star break wasn't all that good either. Then there's the drug suspension and Boras wanting a fortune. I did not want him on the team this year and certainly don't want to watch any more of what he's doing. He's an Oriole so here's to hoping he figures something out and gets hot but, outside of a few good months 2-3 years ago, he looks now like this is the normal. And, no, I didn't want Nick here either and I wouldn't have extended Hardy. I would have kept Cruz but four years is dicey so I get it. I'll just pray Alvarez or Walker (or someone else) becomes a good MLB hitter soon.

Archived