Mychal Givens

weams

o

(vs. RED SOX, 6/02)

Givens entered the game with no outs, a runner on 1st base, and the Orioles reeling from having just allowed 5 runs to the Red Sox.

He recorded 3 outs without allowing any further damage, plus he also pitched an additional shutout inning.

He recorded 6 outs on only 21 Pitches (14 Strikes, 7 Balls.)

0 Walks, 3 Strikeouts.

o

(vs. YANKEES, 6/03)

1.33 shutout innings.

Entered the game with 2 outs, a runner on 1st base, and the game tied at 5 apiece.

The base-runner was thrown out stealing, and then Givens went 3-up-3 down in the next inning.

14 Pitches (11 Strikes, 3 Balls.)

o

(vs. YANKEES, 6/03)

1.33 shutout innings.

Entered the game with 2 outs, a runner on 1st base, and the game tied at 5 apiece.

The base-runner was thrown out stealing, and then Givens went 3-up-3 down in the next inning.

14 Pitches (11 Strikes, 3 Balls.)

Lovya Mychal Givens! :clap:

Givens is going to need to step up his game with O'Day out. We only have two completely trustworthy relievers right now in Zach and Brach. Zach has now pitched two days in a row. Not sure if he will be available today. It will be very hard to sustain any winning streaks with only one dependable bullpen arm. This will be Givens chance to prove he can be in the elite group. So far he has risen to the occasion.

• Upvote 1

o

(vs. ROYALS, 6/07)

Entered the game a runner on 2nd base and nobody out.

Stranded the inherited runner at 3rd base, and then pitched an additional shutout inning.

Retired 6 out of the 7 batters that he faced ...... 4 by strikeout.

24 Pitches (16 Strikes, 8 Balls.)

ERA for the season is down to 1.91

• Upvote 1

o

(vs. ROYALS, 6/07)

Entered the game a runner on 2nd base and nobody out.

Stranded the inherited runner at 3rd base, and then pitched an additional shutout inning.

Retired 6 out of the 7 batters that he faced ...... 4 by strikeout.

24 Pitches (16 Strikes, 8 Balls.)

ERA for the season is down to 1.91

Mychal's baaaaaaacckkk!

He looked fantastic tonight, but I'm still very concerned about his splits against LHB. 1.247 OPS against him in almost the same amount of AB's as last season. It's up by .700 points so I don't know that I would have him in high leverage situations against LHB. I hope he can lower that number. He's killing RHB, though. Killing them. I keep hoping the .609 BABIP gets better but it's hanging around...