Nice job by Lavarnway yesterday

mdbdotcom

I thought he did a good job behind the plate yesterday, and wanted to recognize him for that. He likely will only start another game or two for the O's, and he hasn't received (or earned) much praise. But yesterday he seemed to handle the pitchers well and did a great job suppressing the Mariners' running game.

If he can repeat yesterday's performance on Sunday and in the upcoming doubleheader, he just might find himself another major league job.

Drew two walks as well. Gunned down Cano, and I thought we had Taylor too. I saw the condensed game so I don't know what the announcers said, but it looked to me that the ball beat him, JJ caught it, and Taylor kicked it out of the glove. If that is true, Taylor is out the instant he touches JJ's glove. Anyway, best game he has had for the O's.

Drew two walks as well. Gunned down Cano, and I thought we had Taylor too. I saw the condensed game so I don't know what the announcers said, but it looked to me that the ball beat him, JJ caught it, and Taylor kicked it out of the glove. If that is true, Taylor is out the instant he touches JJ's glove. Anyway, best game he has had for the O's.

Don't think that's true. If the ball is dislodged on a tag play, the runner is safe. The fielder has to keep control of it until voluntarily removing it from his glove, I believe. Just like a collision at the plate.

Don't think that's true. If the ball is dislodged on a tag play, the runner is safe. The fielder has to keep control of it until voluntarily removing it from his glove, I believe. Just like a collision at the plate.

This is correct.

Lavarnway has really played well (defensively) in the limited play time he's received.

Archived