Righthander Chaz Roe

weams

o

(vs. TIGERS, 7/19)

2 shutout innings in a 7-2 game to help bridge the gap to the latter innings.

0 walks while pitching with the big lead.

Excellent strikes-to-balls ratio: O 34 Pitches (24 Strikes, 10 Balls.)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching the Rays broadcast this game and their announcers were commenting on Chaz Roe licking his fingers before each pitch. The one announcer said you know whats coming by how many licks he does before the pitch. He said, "2 licks its gonna be a curve" and sure enough it was. Its just a small sample size but the camera zoomed in on the licks for the last 3 pitches and the announcer called it right on each of them.

2 licks = offspeed.

4 licks = Heater

Anybody noticed a pattern or even thot to look for it?

I was watching the Rays broadcast this game and their announcers were commenting on Chaz Roe licking his fingers before each pitch. The one announcer said you know whats coming by how many licks he does before the pitch. He said, "2 licks its gonna be a curve" and sure enough it was. Its just a small sample size but the camera zoomed in on the licks for the last 3 pitches and the announcer called it right on each of them.

2 licks = offspeed.

4 licks = Heater

Why would he be throwing a curve when he has that wicked slider?

If he is telegraphing to that extent I am shocked he can get anyone out.

2 licks = offspeed.

4 licks = Heater

Maybe he needs to hide his licks.

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 7/25)

1.33 shutout innings.

4 up, 4 down.

20 Pitches (12 Strikes, 8 Balls.)

Finished off the gem started by Miguel Gonzalez, and spared the rest of the bullpen from having to pitch.

I'm not going to lie, I've been calling him The "Lickapotamus" for some time now. It's gross. I'll look for the pattern now that someone brought it up, but between the hair, unshaven fair, and the licking I just hope they don't do closeups when he's on the mound.

Archived