Trey Mancini

Triple Crown

Tony-OH

8th Round Pick - Trey Mancini - 1B - Notre Dame (IN)

6'4" 215lbs DOB: 03/18/92

Mancini hit behind presumptive first-rounder Eric Jagielo in Notre Dame's lineup this season, giving the Fighting Irish a formidable one-two punch. While Jagielo is the better all-around prospect, Mancini's power means he can't be ignored. Listed at 6-foot-5, 205 pounds, Mancini is strong and creates good loft with his quick right-handed swing. With his power, however, comes a lot of swing and miss. Mancini needs to improve his pitch recognition to reach his potential as a hitter. Mancini is a capable first baseman, but his value is tied to his bat.

College Profile

Tony's Initial take: I find the above scouting report interesting since his stats don't back up that "he has a lot of swing and miss." He struck out just 23 times in 252 PAs, much better than highly thought of teammate Eric Jagielo. He put up a .389/.431/.603 line with a 21-23 BB-K ratio

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This is a great site, no doubt. But for a few weeks I get 403 errors when I try to post. I've only been able to get a few to go through like this one. I know this is frustrating for Tony too. Fingers crossed things will start working properly soon.
    • My order to trade of the big 3? From the most likely I would trade to the least? JH. Basallo.  Mayo. 
    • There’s a lot of interesting hypothetical/philosophical debate here, but realistically, this just is not going to happen.  The Tigers are in a position where they don’t have to trade Skubal unless someone bowls them over with an offer that substantially overbears their desire to keep him. And regardless of whether it’s wise or not, they’re just not going to get such an offer from Mike Elias.  Mike and Sig have been working together for 17+ seasons now, across three separate organizations. In all those years, the best prospect their organization(s) have ever traded is either Franklin Perez (for Justin Verlander) or Brett Wallace (ironically enough, for Matt Holliday). Both of those guys came in around #40 in the prospect rankings the year they were dealt. They’ve never come close to dealing any young player with the sort of prestige that is attached to all three of these guys we’re discussing — let alone multiple such guys in one deal. And it’s probably worth noting that the two guys they did actually ship off top 50 prospects for (Verlander and Holliday) were both very established veteran players with lengthy track records of success and extreme durability. We could argue about whether Skubal has established himself from a production standpoint, but no one outside of Detroit talk radio could possibly argue that he’s demonstrated any sort of durability. I find it impossible to believe that Elias is going to trade multiple top 20 (or top 50, if Kjerstad is the second piece) prospects for a guy with Skubal’s limited background. It just isn’t a match, unless DET’s actual asking price is much less than folks are projecting. And I don’t think it will be.
    • It mayo’s defense is as bad as everyone says it is, he’ll be Vlad Jr.
    • No I originally made this thread last year, and continued it with part 2 on June 25 of this year.  They are 11 and 11 since.  Not bad.  Not great.  But not going to win  a WS playing this way.
    • When I say lock I just mean they would have been the overwhelming favorite to win the WS this year.  I believe that. Of course nothing is for certain. 
  • Popular Contributors