Who were you wrong about?

JohnD

Since someone mentioned Javy Lopez' date=' I will say that entire 2004 team. The way we came out of the gate, I thought the rough times were over.[/quote']

2005 I think you mean. But yeah they started out so great but by summer's end they were below 500, Raffy's rep was tarnished, and Mazzili out of a job. Anyhow hard to think of anyone who hasn't been named. I did think Sosa would be better for us than he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2005 I think you mean. But yeah they started out so great but by summer's end they were below 500, Raffy's rep was tarnished, and Mazzili out of a job. Anyhow hard to think of anyone who hasn't been named. I did think Sosa would be better for us than he was.

I'll never forget the day they announced Raffy had been busted for PED's. I had thought it was finally our year.

Oh these are fun....

Difficult to tell what would have happened had he stayed healthy, but I was very much on the Nolan Reimold bandwagon. Good player when healthy..... which is about never.

I really liked what I saw out of Xavier Avery a few years ago as well. Maybe he wasn't much for power, but he was a decent hitter and did he have some speed!! First time I had ever seen someone get "picked off" at first base, but instead of beating the ball back to the bag, run to second.... and make it!! All while the throw to first and the throw to second were executed just fine.

5 or 6 years ago, I thought Josh Bell would be third baseman for the Os even still at this point. Didn't quite work out. The good news is that Machado is better than I even thought Bell would be so it worked out for the Os. Just not Josh Bell (though he's still in and out of the game making substantially more money than most of us so it's not all bad news for him).

Also, I thought Dave Trembley (after about his first 20 games as manager) really looked like a winner and hidden gem. Boy did that prediction go south.

LJ had a combatative manner but he was a pretty smart poster. He was right about Bergesen too.

There are sooooo many disappointing guys I thought would be contributors... I agree with most already posted but hadn't seen these guys yet:

David Hernandez

Gary Matthews

Cory Patterson

Felix Pie

I'll never forget the day they announced Raffy had been busted for PED's. I had thought it was finally our year.

It was so disappointing for me. After Cal, Raffy had been my favorite Oriole as a kid. And yeah 2005 really had felt like it was our year to rebound. It really is years like that and others that have made the past few seasons such a joy because we've seen our patience and loyalty rewarded.

LJ had a combatative manner but he was a pretty smart poster. He was right about Bergesen too.

There are sooooo many disappointing guys I thought would be contributors... I agree with most already posted but hadn't seen these guys yet:

David Hernandez

Gary Matthews

Cory Patterson

Felix Pie

Lucky Jim is a nice guy in person. And smart is part of who he is.

I had a few earlier, but i'll chime in with my all time list by position of most hyped players with little to show for it:

1B- Chris Richard/Calvin Pickering (I can't choose just one)

2B- Pete Stanicek

SS- Josh Bell

3B- Billy Rowell

C- Brooks Fordyce

OF/DH: Sherman Obando, Mike Young, Jeffrey Hammonds Val Mejewski

Pitchers: Matt Riley, Adam Loewen, Chris Ray, Hayden Penn, Ken Dixon, Daniel Cabrera, Jorge Julio, Armando Benitez, Jose Mesa

I had a few earlier, but i'll chime in with my all time list by position of most hyped players with little to show for it:

1B- Chris Richard/Calvin Pickering (I can't choose just one)

2B- Pete Stanicek

SS- Josh Bell

3B- Billy Rowell

C- Brooks Fordyce

OF/DH: Sherman Obando, Mike Young, Jeffrey Hammonds Val Mejewski

Pitchers: Matt Riley, Adam Loewen, Chris Ray, Hayden Penn, Ken Dixon, Daniel Cabrera, Jorge Julio, Armando Benitez, Jose Mesa

I believed in all those fellows. Well, maybe not Joe Table.

Forgot about Trembley. I definitely thought he had everything the team needed. I was very disappointed when he was let go.

If we're going that direction, I suspect all of us were wrong about Leo Mazzone.

Archived