vs. YANKEES, 6/13

OFFNY

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Harper gets hit by a pitch on the left knee. Hobbles around for a bit. Leaves the game with trainer Lee Kuntz.</p>— James Wagner (@JamesWagnerWP) <a href="

">June 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Watch these plays and tell me what you think. 5%: Colton Cowser 4/26/24 4.5 seconds, 73 feet 20%: Colton Cowser 4/2/24 5.1 seconds, 84 feet 45%: Colton Cowser 4/24/24 4.6 seconds, 74 feet 50%: Anthony Santander 4/6/24 3.5 second, 49 feet 50%: Cedric Mullins 4/6/24 3.6 seconds, 51 feet 55%: Anthony Santander 4/20/24 4.4 seconds, 73 feet 65%: Cedric Mullins 4/15/24 4.2 seconds, 67 feet 70%: Anthony Santander 4/1/24 3.5 seconds, 45 feet 70%: Cedric Mullins 4/14/24 4.5 seconds, 74 feet 75%: Cedric Mullins 4/22/24 4.8 seconds, 80 feet 80%: Colton Cowser 4/2/24 5.2 seconds, 91 feet 85%: Cedric Mullins 4/15/24 3.9 seconds, 53 feet 85%: Anthony Santander 3/28/24 5.0 seconds, 83 feet 85%: McKenna's missed catch 4/26/24 (time and distance not available)
    • Cowser will be ok in the long run even after course correcting to a more realistic stat line. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/colton-cowser-681297?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb
    • I doubt Hyde wants to lose someone he trusts (Akin) to keep someone he doesn’t (Baumann), just because Baumann is out of options. Ramirez and Baumann should be the clear cut options to go for Bradish and Means, so hopefully Elias doesn’t overthink it. Keeping Baumann due to him not having options shouldn’t be important if he isn’t any good/reliable. Tate, Charles, Heasley, and Vespi are all in AAA and aren’t much worse than him, if at all. 
    • Yeah. He's still taking decent ABs and getting walks and sprinkling in hits here and there, so overall the comedown hasn't been too harsh. Just want him to keep making hard contact.  He's also gotten hosed on a few strike 3 calls, like everyone else this season. 
    • Gunnar is one pace for a 12 bWAR season and 92 extra base hits currently. I don't think Gunnar sustains this pace, but he's looking like an MVP candidate even if he cools off a bit.
    • The downside of an otherworldly start is the inevitable regression to the mean and the hope is it doesn't come crashing down all at once. Everyone knew Cowser wasn't going to keep up what he was doing and pitchers have been throwing him a lot of breaking balls now. He'll have to make the adjustment and we'll have to live with the inconsistency until he shows he can. 
    • I have some confidence in Webb and Perez. None in Baumann and Ramirez. 
  • Popular Contributors