Its a process of elimination - Roster decisions

wildcard

I think he means between Young or Snider. I think he is right. We keep the one we don't get anything for. Neither will get much, agreed.

BTW, you deserve a big KUDOS for identifying the "spark" that Parmelee would bring.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bullpen is still 7 strong. Sending Chen down leaves the rotation short, but there is an off day next week and Chen will be back that weekend. Replace Walker with Gausman and there is no need to make another move until Chen comes back to pitch against the Indians on the 26th.

Thanks to you and backwardsk for pointing out that none of this has to happen until the 26th. A lot can change in 9 days.

Young should be the first to go. He's not under control next year Snider, Reimold, Paredes, Lough and Parmalee, and he isn't as defensively flexible as Pearce. He really offers nothing that we don't have elsewhere. He's also the only Orioles regular with a negative WAR.

My order:

- Young

- Pearce

- Paredes

- Snider

I love Pearce, but he's next in line for me after Young since this is his last year.

Its a tough call and much of it will be based on what DD could potentially get for one of these guys.

First off I think Lough stays, he is the one guy who really play some D in that OF (outside AJ)

Far as the rest are concerned. Snider seems to be the guy IMO that brings the least to the table with the most opportunity. Pearce has struggled with the bat but his versatility is a godsend and I still think there is some upside with his bat over what we have seen to date.

So my guess is that Pearce and Lough will stay. Just guessing though.

We havent seen Clevenger in 2 weeks, even in the last couple of spankings.

It would not be surprising to see Steve sent down to AAA and just go with 2 catchers. Since it pretty apparent that Matt is healthy.

He's been in Norfolk for 2 weeks.

I think he means between Young or Snider. I think he is right. We keep the one we don't get anything for. Neither will get much, agreed.
No I mean between Young, Snider, Reimold. Pearce, Parmelee or Paredes. Each has plusses and minuses and none are head and shoulders above the others. We could lose any one of them and not miss a step.

Lough is fine in the role he plays but he also does some things that make you scratch your head. He threw all the way into the plate the other night when there was no way the runner was going home instead of hitting the cut off man.

The Orioles might risk being able to get away without a late game defender for 2 months. Can always bring up somebody in September and that player can play in October.

Unless the Orioles are committed to have Wieters DH all the time vs LHP then why get rid of Young? Reimold and Pearce play the corners vs LHP. That leaves a hole at DH.
Davis' splits are good v LHP. He has been DHing Davis and playing Pearce at 1B v LHP.

Didn't realize how bad Paredes has been batting RH this year and in his career. A point for Young.

I think one spot is between Snider and Parmelee. The other one I really don't know about. They could try some more roster juggling to delay things.

Lough is fine in the role he plays but he also does some things that make you scratch your head. He threw all the way into the plate the other night when there was no way the runner was going home instead of hitting the cut off man.

The Orioles might risk being able to get away without a late game defender for 2 months. Can always bring up somebody in September and that player can play in October.

Sorry, Buck is not going to play 1 game without a backup CF, and let alone 2 months.

Archived