Its a process of elimination - Roster decisions

wildcard

The bullpen is still 7 strong. Sending Chen down leaves the rotation short, but there is an off day next week and Chen will be back that weekend. Replace Walker with Gausman and there is no need to make another move until Chen comes back to pitch against the Indians on the 26th.

Who is Walker? [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the decision has to be made, I would lose Lough. He just doesn't do it for me. Jones is practically an every day player, and I would imagine the Reimold could fill in at CF in a pinch. I believe when he came up there was some idea that he could backup CF in case of need for 1 game. He hasn't lost any speed and I doubt the instincts to play CF for 1 game are gone due to his neck injury.

This comes down to Lough or Snider. For all I care they could cut bait or trade both and bring Alvarez up.

Between Snider and Lough for the one choice. Lough gets the edge for a) service time b) bench qualities (speed & defense)

With Pearce and Reimold available on the OF corners and Paredes/Wieters at DH, there really is no role for Delmon Young. Both he and Pearce are FA's after the year but Pearce has the versatility and defensive edge, IMO.

Logic dictates that Snider and Young go but somehow I think Delmon survives. How that works, I have no clue.

I would be very surprised to see the Orioles move Pearce, Reimold, or Paredes but it wouldn't shock me either.

It's tough, but I would vote Delmon and Paredes off the island. Keep Pearce and Reimold as platoons with Snider/Parmelee. Lough as the back up outfielder.

Not ideal, but between Gausman, Chen, Wright, and Wilson they could yo-yo starting pitchers for a while with 2 off days and the All-Star break coming.

And of course someone will get hurt. Inevitable. Maybe even Chen with that oblique of his.

They may not make that decision until they see how Wright pitches on Friday. If he pitches well and Gausman doesn't, they may want Wright to start in the next turn.

I believe Gonzalez is eligible to pitch on Thursday if they feel the need to yo-yo Gausman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tillman's oblique is fine. Chen has had an issue. Tweaked it a couple times.

It's not his oblique that worry's me it's his arm. It sucks.He's heading into Norris territory. If we don't make the playoffs it will be on these two, and whomever's decision it was to keep them in the rotation.

Disagree 100%. None of these guys is going to bring back much. This is about keeping the best pieces for the 2nd half of this year with an eye on next year and the year after.
Disagree with your disagreement. None of them has that much more value to the team than the others. Why else are people having such difficulty picking between them? They may have more value to some other team, depending on it's specific needs.

Disagree 100%. None of these guys is going to bring back much. This is about keeping the best pieces for the 2nd half of this year with an eye on next year and the year after.

I think he means between Young or Snider. I think he is right. We keep the one we don't get anything for. Neither will get much, agreed.

I think he means between Young or Snider. I think he is right. We keep the one we don't get anything for. Neither will get much, agreed.

Glad we DFA's and traded De Aza when we did then. Had no idea how far their stock had plummeted.

Archived