Could Davis Be the One Traded?

Bahama O's Fan

This is why he can't be traded. Everyone agrees that he's going to get over paid.

* But to get a bat like him, during the trade season, would be impossible. *

Last year we made the ALCS without MW, Machado and Davis. Let that sink in.

You make a good point.

Let's see what someone might offer.

Several contending teams traded Major League talent for Major League talent last trade deadline period. I don't think it's right to just assume that if Davis is traded it will most likely be for prospects.

I could definitely see Davis being traded to a team for SP. The Cardinals could use a better version of Mark Reynolds (their current stopgap for Matt Adams). Someone like Michael Wacha might be a possibility.

I think that Clayton Kershaw fellow would be good to obtain. Perhaps we could pry him loose for Chris Davis and Delmon Young.

Or were you being serious?

I think that Clayton Kershaw fellow would be good to obtain. Perhaps we could pry him loose for Chris Davis and Delmon Young.

Or were you being serious?

Doesn't Kershaw have a 5 game losing streak? He lost tonight. I think that the Dodgers might be willing to give him up. :D:P

Several contending teams traded Major League talent for Major League talent last trade deadline period. I don't think it's right to just assume that if Davis is traded it will most likely be for prospects.

I could definitely see Davis being traded to a team for SP. The Cardinals could use a better version of Mark Reynolds (their current stopgap for Matt Adams). Someone like Michael Wacha might be a possibility.

Teams that dealt MLB players while still going for it typically dealt away guys with additional years of control for studs who were approaching FA (i.e. the Cespedes trade).

I could not see the Cards dealing Wacha. He is a stud, they already dealt Shelby Miller for Hayward and he will not be a FA until 2020.

Davis could put up a 15 HR month. Davis could single handedly carry us in a playoff series. You don't trade that. Especially with the AL being wide open. I'd rather have the value he provides the rest of the year plus the comp pick more than any trade package we would get.

Stranger things have happened.

These posts always say the same thing. But the truth never changes- if the price is right you make the trade. I'd gladly trade Davis for a #1 starter, but that isn't going to happen. Hope that helps to clear things up. :D

Ummmm…that's not happening. Chris Davis does not equal Michael Wacha in any universe.

Ummmm…that's not happening. Chris Davis does not equal Michael Wacha in any universe.

Beyond the fact that Wacha is a 23-yo with a sub-3 ERA and a WHIP of 1.087, he is under team control through 2020. No way they deal him for Davis. Now, if we could make that deal, yes we make it. But that's like saying we should deal Steve Pearce for Stanton if the Marlins would do it.

I said this in another thread last night......the only reason Davis was in RF Friday night was because Buck wanted another LH bat in the lineup against the Cleveland right-hander. Period. No mystery. No behind the scenes scenarios. Just an extra LH bat.

I said this in another thread last night......the only reason Davis was in RF Friday night was because Buck wanted another LH bat in the lineup against the Cleveland right-hander. Period. No mystery. No behind the scenes scenarios. Just an extra LH bat.

It doesn't make any sense. How does swapping Davis and Parmelee between RF and 1B add an extra LHB to the lineup?

Could that be why we saw Parmalee at first? Would Chris get us back more in a trade? Would we be losing too much offense?

This has to be some of the wildest speculation i've ever seen here. no way he gets dealt unless the o's lose out between now and the 31st

And how did those ML-to-ML trades work out last year? Not very well.

Archived