Manny Should Be Batting 3rd

Camden_yardbird

Curious as to why you are using percentages (67, 52) instead of raw counting numbers.

Because Jones missed 11 games and Manny has played every game. By the same token, Manny would have approximately 20 fewer PA than he has now if he were batting 3rd instead of 1st.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because Jones missed 11 games and Manny has played every game. By the same token, Manny would have approximately 20 fewer PA than he has now if he were batting 3rd instead of 1st.

Just curious, are PA and AB's equal or do they compensate for BB's?

Not to mention Herman only referenced Aoki after the fact and seeing that he was doing well.

100% false. What is it with you and Drungo and making things up? Here's a thought - perhaps you and your boy Drungo should try watching the games instead of looking at boxscores and fangraphs and spending so much time on message boards. You might learn a thing or two.

I never thought it was a debate.

Your numerous responses and counters contradict what would have otherwise been an adorable response lol.

The Orioles offense has overall been pretty bad for 2 of the last 3 months. When did Manny regularly start batting leadoff again? Nah don't worry about answering that b/c you're right - Manny belongs in the leadoff spot and this team doesn't need a more suitable leadoff hitter. You are absolutely right about the team, the roster, Manny, everything! So there ya go, now there's nothing to discuss.

100% false. What is it with you and Drungo and making things up? Here's a thought - perhaps you and your boy Drungo should try watching the games instead of looking at boxscores and fangraphs and spending so much time on message boards. You might learn a thing or two.

Your numerous responses and counters contradict what would have otherwise been an adorable response lol.

The Orioles offense has overall been pretty bad for 2 of the last 3 months. When did Manny regularly start batting leadoff again? Nah don't worry about answering that b/c you're right - Manny belongs in the leadoff spot and this team doesn't need a more suitable leadoff hitter. You are absolutely right about the team, the roster, Manny, everything! So there ya go, now there's nothing to discuss.

Go back and find your pro Aoki posts and then quote them here. Otherwise, stop the tough guy stuff. Those guys have a right to question your motives and your use of facts.

Go back and find your pro Aoki posts and then quote them here. Otherwise, stop the tough guy stuff. Those guys have a right to question your motives and your use of facts.

To be perfectly honest there are a handful of posters or people on here who come across as if they know everything and never possibly be wrong about anything and I have to wonder if they are like that in real life how any other human being could stand to be around them more than five minutes at the most!

To be perfectly honest there are a handful of posters or people on here who come across as if they know everything and never possibly be wrong about anything and I have to wonder if they are like that in real life how any other human being could stand to be around them more than five minutes at the most!

To be perfectly honest there are a handful of posters on here who come across as ignorant Luddites and I have to wonder how they even connect to the internet.

You need to take a long hard look into the mirror:

Justus-Distressed-Mahogany-Wood-Framed-Mirror-P14072935.jpg

You need to take a long hard look into the mirror:

Justus-Distressed-Mahogany-Wood-Framed-Mirror-P14072935.jpg

You need to wake up from your comma as I have admitted to being wrong on here probably more times than anyone in the tthe last10 years minus a few years of banning, than anyone else!

The Orioles offense has overall been pretty bad for 2 of the last 3 months. When did Manny regularly start batting leadoff again? Nah don't worry about answering that b/c you're right - Manny belongs in the leadoff spot and this team doesn't need a more suitable leadoff hitter.

This is a bad argument. The Orioles' poor hitting in May and July has nothing to do with where Manny is in the batting order. It has to do with other guys not hitting. It's not like Manny was batting 3rd or 4th in April, either. He batted 2nd four times, 6th 13 times and 7th three times. I hope we can agree that batting Manny first makes a ton more sense than batting him 6th or 7th.

It's hard to click your mouse with one hand and shovel the coal into the boiler with the other, but it can be done.

Question: have you ever one time ever admitted you were wrong about anything here? Also if I told you Boog Powell smoked cigars on his way out from Memorial Stadium when he played after games would you attempt to go back into some sort of statistical data and say I was wrong as that couldn't be possible?

Are you saying this with a straight face or perhaps while looking in the mirror?

Archived