Mike Bordick blames our hitting woes on bad luck - really?

Frobby

Bordick just said our hitting problems of late have been caused by bad luck. He earlier called Gausman's game tonight "really impressive.". It seems he's a really easy grader.

I'm not. We're playing lousy baseball and I don't like hearing excuses. 4 runs allowed in 6 innings doesn't impress me.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bordick just said our hitting problems of late have been caused by bad luck. He earlier called Gausman's game tonight "really impressive.". It seems he's a really easy grader.

I'm not. We're playing lousy baseball and I don't like hearing excuses. 4 runs allowed in 6 innings doesn't impress me.

Orioles players can do no wrong according to Bordick and Jim Hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bordick, like most home team announcers, is a cheerleader. He tends to be a bigger one than most. Palmer will give an honest critique now and then, I've never heard Bordick do that. Stick a fork in this team - they have no fight in them. They are two good hitters shy of making a run at the wild card. They've become predictable and boring actually.

I didn't see Jones line-out double play in the first inning, which may have been bad luck. Otherwise, the only bad luck I saw was on Machado's hard-hit ground ball to third with one out and runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Unless you want to consider it bad luck that most of their scoring chances came down to hoping for a clutch hit from Travis Snider.

He wants to keep him job with the Orioles a long time.Reminds me when Rosenthal wrote negative things about the Orioles and Angelos would call up the publisher of the Sun and threaten to pull all the advertising

This is really an apples and oranges comparison. Rosenthal was a columnist for the Sun and was paid for being objective. Bordick is paid for being a cheerleader and part time coach. He's Jim Hunter with less experience. You can't take much of what he says seriously.

This is really an apples and oranges comparison. Rosenthal was a columnist for the Sun and was paid for being objective. Bordick is paid for being a cheerleader and part time coach. He's Jim Hunter with less experience. You can't take much of what he says seriously.

I understand. Davis was moved to right field to free his mind up.I still am not sure how Palmer can be critical of the Orioles. I guess because he is Jim Palmer.

I never believe one word Bordick says.He said Delmon Young was one of the better right handed hitters in the league. I don't mind him cheerleading but be accurate and truthful once in awhile.

Bordick the greatest COMPANY MAN in the booth... The O's Bagdad BOB

I don't know what games Mike Bordick was watching. This team gets itself out swinging at so many pitches out of the strike zone, it's maddening. The pitches usually aren't even close either. They swing at pitches down at the ankles or a foot outside the strike zone. Also, how many hitters on this team are capable of working the count by fouling off four or five good pitches to have a good at-bat and draw a walk when they're down in the count 0-2, 1-2? I can think of only one. That would be Manny Machado. I just hate watching most of the players on this team hit.

I didn't see Jones line-out double play in the first inning, which may have been bad luck. Otherwise, the only bad luck I saw was on Machado's hard-hit ground ball to third with one out and runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Unless you want to consider it bad luck that most of their scoring chances came down to hoping for a clutch hit from Travis Snider.

Hitting in bad luck is not just for tonight. Of late, it seems we have had a lot of rocket-like line drives hit right at people. And Chris Davis has had 3 HRs and two doubles snatched away from him in the last week. But, the obvious problem is we aren't getting hits with RISP. And in fact, we just aren't getting many RISP.

Archived