Duquette: "We will have more than enough offense"

Sports Guy

<i>Ok, fine..Let's just stay with this bench. We can have another year where our bench is awful we can't get a pinch hit and can't hit lefties.

That is a much better plan.

Thanks Sammy Perlozzo.</i>

OK, I'm done with this thread. When you get like this, I have zero desire to interact with you. Have a good night.

What i said is true VaTech. Your reasoning is the same as Perlozzo's, so i would think you would take it as a compliment.

And the whole idea of, well you don't know for usre if so and so is going to be successful is a joke. Of course you don't know but you KNOW that many of the players we do choose aren't going to be successful.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What i said is true VaTech. Your reasoning is the same as Perlozzo's, so i would think you would take it as a compliment.

And the whole idea of, well you don't know for usre if so and so is going to be successful is a joke. Of course you don't know but you KNOW that many of the players we do choose aren't going to be successful.

Seriously LOL. If we know ANYTHING its that we dont know ANYTHING at all. Good god man.

You don't even get how obnoxious you are, do you?
I respect the hell out of your opinion but this is rich coming from you.
I never, ever wrote that Knott shouldn't be tried as a platoon off the bench. I wrote that we shouldn't ASSUME he will be successful doing it because of the differences between his minor league success and what we would be asking him to do. I still think Knott should be given the opportunity to succeed or fail in that role and have stated as much in this thread several times. However, you mistate my argument to make it easier to attack AND act condescendingly at the same time. There is no point in continuing when that happens.
Well, since that part of the comment was directed at Frobby, i am not sure where this is coming from.

It's obvoius that we need some help on the bench. We absolutely need a guy like Knott, Dubois, or a guy from outside the organization to come in. It will certainly help when Payton comes back but still, we obviously need some help.

Right now it's going into the 7th in a 2 run game and we have no choice but to let Bako hit.

Freddie Bynum hitting for Paul Bako...now, if that ain't the blind leading the blind....

It's obvoius that we need some help on the bench. We absolutely need a guy like Knott, Dubois, or a guy from outside the organization to come in. It will certainly help when Payton comes back but still, we obviously need some help.

Right now it's going into the 7th in a 2 run game and we have no choice but to let Bako hit.

That's the choice they made. Perlozzo and company think that Bako's defense justifies him hitting in the late innings of some close games. And they believe that having seven or eight relievers brings the team more advantages than an extra hitter. I guess that's a plausible conclusion, although it makes coming back from a poor start a very, very difficult thing.

This roster is set up to get a small lead and protect it. Not to substitute and situationally manage your way back into from a 5-1 deficit.

• 4 months later...
Revisionist history. WhoTF cares what Duq said then??? He's not even close to in charge now.

You frickin' attention whore! :rolleyes:

It's just his way of saying "I told you so"... about stuff that he's only half-way right about. But rather than saying "I told you so", he wants everybody to re-read some 11p thread from back when...

It's just his way of saying "I told you so"... about stuff that he's only half-way right about. But rather than saying "I told you so", he wants everybody to re-read some 11p thread from back when...

Wrong...again.

When i bumped this thread, i hadn't even really read it...Just saw the title.

This has nothing to do with me being right...It has to do with the Orioles, yet again, overrating their team in the offseason.

Wrong...again.

When i bumped this thread, i hadn't even really read it...Just saw the title.

This has nothing to do with me being right...It has to do with the Orioles, yet again, overrating their team in the offseason.

Does Miggy, Mora, Hernandez missing time in the lineup make any difference? How many runs behind are we from this point last year?

Archived