Why are fans so eager to extend Machado?

winkies

I have to wonder what kind of numbers were being thrown around.

I hope to goodness they didn't try and use Longoria's first contract as a comp.

Well a couple of years ago that would not have been outrageous as a starting point to negotiate. Low yes but not so crazy it preclude talking at all.

Now if you offered that deal Manny might get a hernia from laughing so hard.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well a couple of years ago that would not have been outrageous as a starting point to negotiate. Low yes but not so crazy it preclude talking at all.

Now if you offered that deal Manny might get a hernia from laughing so hard.

The deal was seen by the industry as a whole as being very team friendly back when it was signed in 2008.

Yup. Not sure all them mean it as a compliment.:)

I think players have a very different opinion on A-Rod then we do as fans.

Those guys know just about everyone and their brother were juicing. I doubt its meant as anything but a compliment to his ability.

Like ARod or not, when he came up he was one of the most phenomenal talents I have ever seen on the field. The guy later proved to be a complete A-something I cant say here, but early on he was a talent of unbelievable ability.

Id give him an extension if its in the contract that he can't pop up on the first pitch anymore.

He can pop up on the first pitch once per game so long as he agrees to also Machadonate his opponent later and hit the game winning HR :laughlol:

6. Can we wait until he establishes a track record of the player he really is?

Not really. Right now is when he has a major incentive to accept a team friendly salary in exchange for guaranteed money. The longer we wait, the more incentive he has to hold out for the big bucks in free agency.

Archived