Manny Machado and attitude

winkies

This isn't the Army where you give up individuality and the government owns you. It's MLB, you're under contract, but the culture isn't do what you're told or do pushups.

People aren't going to be robots in the MLB.

Are you insinuating that I was without free will when I was in the service?

Are you so foolish as to believe that the Army does not have its fair share of slackers that feel like they are owed something and don't work to their full potential while they nurse their grievances?

This has nothing to do with the Army, this is about being a grownup.

Machado signed a contract, a grownup fulfills their part of the agreement.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't the Army where you give up individuality and the government owns you. It's MLB, you're under contract, but the culture isn't do what you're told or do pushups.

People aren't going to be robots in the MLB.

There has not been a military draft in the US for many decades. People enter into the military with the same choice that MLB players had when they made themselves eligible for the first year player draft.

The rules are not there to be changed or modified. They are to be adhered to.

Are you so foolish as to believe that the Army does not have its fair share of slackers that feel like they are owed something and don't work to their full potential while they nurse their grievances?

Wow. The logical one and the voice of reason on this board actually got his buttons pushed. Didn't see that coming

I'm pretty sure he signed with the expectation of playing the position he wants to play.

Manny plays with a swagger; from his days in HS he has a way about him that rubs some the wrong way. There's nothing to be worried about. Every Oriole doesn't have to be an angel. Every Oriole doesn't have to win Mr. Congeniality.

Show up; produce; thanks for your service.

Archived