Manny Machado and attitude

winkies

I wouldn't normally make a thread like this. But since we would have to totally catch fire to make the playoffs why not do it now?

Over the few years of Manny being on the team he's kind of seemed a little off. Not a wacko, but kind of arrogant.

1. The entire A's fiasco last year

2. People calling him baby A-Rod

3. Hotdogging at 3B

4. Expletive filled rants

5. Contract complaining

I'm wondering if he's frustrated and pissed at the organization.

I think a lot comes back to the position switch and then the two injuries probably got annoying too. He was drafted as a SS with the #3 overall pick. He hasn't outgrown the position and he's IMO the 2nd most defensive talented infielder in the MLB.

Then they resigned a declining and older SS for Machado's remainder of his first contract. I could definitely see in his brain him thinking to himself "What is going on here?"

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say he was a Wacko. I said a little arrogant and entitled.

But honestly if I was this good, and he is one of the top 5 players in the AL, I would probably feel entitled to play my natural position too.

Cal's natural position was pitcher. So was Nick Markakis. Sorry. This one is WAY out there.

But honestly if I was this good, and he is one of the top 5 players in the AL, I would probably feel entitled to play my natural position too.

You ever have a job? One in which you worked for someone else?

His job is to play third base.

You do your job or you quit your job or you get fired from your job.

Pretty sure he isn't quitting before his seven years are up.

You ever have a job? One in which you worked for someone else?

His job is to play third base.

You do your job or you quit your job or you get fired from your job.

Pretty sure he isn't quitting before his seven years are up.

This isn't the Army where you give up individuality and the government owns you. It's MLB, you're under contract, but the culture isn't do what you're told or do pushups.

People aren't going to be robots in the MLB.

Sorry to be so rough on you, but there are better posts that you can make than this one.

This isn't the Army where you give up individuality and the government owns you. It's MLB, you're under contract, but the culture isn't do what you're told or do pushups.

700 of them get to be. And there are always thousand behind you that want the chance you have. And oh yeah, the Dodgers want to trade Puig. Who has more talent than anyone.

Actually it is a lot like the military. A small group of highly skilled and trained individuals, who really are giving up their lives for a while, for an opportunity to do something that no one else can. You can have family and friends too. But if you don't subjugate them while enrolled, your career will suffer.

Archived