Milwaukee trade

MDtransplant757

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We need good pitching, and they need good outfielders.

The Brewers are not going to give us a good (or even a pretty good) pitcher for someone who is a bad outfielder.

Lake's career OBP in the Major Leagues is .278. His career OBP at the AAA-level is .374 in roughly the same number of plate appearances. He's only 23 years old, so he still may improve eventually, as he has very good numbers at the highest level of the minors ...... but teams aren't going to give you good for bad, even if the bad is still very young with the potential to get better.

So Reimold and LJ Hoes, or something like that?

I understand that, but sometimes things sound good in your head, and then when you say it, you sound dumb. That happens

You had a trade proposal for Fernandez of the Marlins for like Reimold, Lough, and Matusz. That can't possiby sound good in your head.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

What? I'm being serious? We need pitching, they need outfielders. I don't see the problem here

We need good pitching, and they need good outfielders.

The Brewers are not going to give us a good (or even a pretty good) pitcher for someone who is a bad outfielder.

Lake's career OBP in the Major Leagues is .278. His career OBP at the AAA-level is .374 in roughly the same number of plate appearances. He's only 23 years old, so he still may improve eventually, as he has very good numbers at the highest level of the minors ...... but teams aren't going to give you good for bad, even if the bad is still very young with the potential to get better.

So Reimold and L.J. Hoes, or something like that?

Reimold is a little more reasonable due to his MLB experience, patience at the plate, good OBP, and speed on the basepaths, but still not enough for a young, 1st-round draft pitcher who posted an ERA under 4 (3.77) in 21 starts in his rookie season.

It would be nice if the other 29 GMs in baseball were naive, gullible, and wanted to give us their good players for much less in return, but they aren't.

Reimold is a little more reasonable due to his MLB experience, patience at the plate, good OBP, and speed on the basepaths, but still not enough for a young, 1st-round draft pitcher who posted an ERA under 4 (3.77) in 21 starts in his rookie season.

It would be nice if the other 29 GMs in baseball were naive, gullible, and wanted to give us their good players for much less in return, but they aren't.

Or if we were the Yankees and just bought everyone out.

If anything, we should see if James Shields is up for trade and if San Deigo will swallow some of his contract.

I like to cut the fat on my teams. I would get rid of all the AAAA players we complain about, and I thought it would be a good idea.

Again ...... what makes you think that other teams want the players that we don't want ???

And even more so, what makes you think that they would additionally give us their valuable players for those sub-par players that we don't want ???

It's like asking somebody for a $20 bill, and you offer them a $5 in return ...... and expecting them to say, "OK, no problem."

Again ...... what makes you think that other teams want the players that we don't want ???

And even more so, what makes you think that they would additionally give us their valuable players for those sub-par players that we don't want ???

It's like asking somebody for a $20 bill, and you offer them a $5 in return ...... and expecting them to say, "OK, no problem."

Some players are better after a trade, just like Chris Davis did coming here (he stunk in Texas, remember?). It's that kind of thought process. I see what you're getting at, but I'd like to see what I could get for these players.

Some players are better after a trade, just like Chris Davis did coming here (he stunk in Texas, remember?). It's that kind of thought process. I see what you're getting at, but I'd like to see what I could get for these players.

You couldn't get anything for them. They have no value. They have no upside. You can't trade them for anything more than cash considerations, if that.

I like to cut the fat on my teams. I would get rid of all the AAAA players we complain about, and I thought it would be a good idea.

So cut the trash and trade it for actual value? Thank you for affirming that you dont understand baseball trades outside of EA Sports games.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived