Is anything else going to happen before Christmas?

25 Nuggets

I say this because Dan Duquette said he wants the core of the team together by Christmas. Well, we're inside of a ten-day, and here are the moves:

11/16 - signed Matt Wieters to QO

11/25 - traded for LJ Hoes

12/1 - traded for Mark Trumbo

12/10 - claimed Joey Rickard

12/14 - signed Darren O'Day

The Orioles are still linked to a lot of names. Are we going to see any more action before this self-imposed deadline? And if not, is this team essentially what we are going to see, or is Duquette going to extend his time frame?

Because if this is it, the Orioles are a fourth place team in the AL East.

I say this because Dan Duquette said he wants the core of the team together by Christmas. Well, we're inside of a ten-day, and here are the moves:

The Orioles are still linked to a lot of names. Are we going to see any more action before this self-imposed deadline? And if not, is this team essentially what we are going to see, or is Duquette going to extend his time frame?

I don't see anymore being done before Christmas. I wish they'd sign Kim and tell

Davis to go suck lemons this coming season. I believe more will be done. I am not going to bash DD at this juncture.

I really feel like we are waiting to see what settles. You have Gordon, Cespesdes, Upton, and Davis all looking for work and we are not gonna set their market. We pulled Davis offer but that is still the holdup for us. It was really exciting last week with Davis talk and Upton etc. but we have settled back into same old Orioles and same old offseason. Hopefully it works out but we need to really look at pitching. You can't lose your best starter in Chen and not replace him.

I don't think he will force it just to have the core in place by the 25th, but he did say he'd like to have the core by then. When I hear 'core' I think starting lineup.

At this moment our corner outfielders are Hoes, Reimold, Rickard, and Alvarez. Our DH is Paredes (I guess). Our replacement for Chen is Worley (I guess). Those guys aren't 'core.'

I don't think he will force it just to have the core in place by the 25th, but he did say he'd like to have the core by then. When I hear 'core' I think starting lineup.

At this moment our corner outfielders are Hoes, Reimold, Rickard, and Alvarez. Our DH is Paredes (I guess). Our replacement for Chen is Worley (I guess). Those guys aren't 'core.'

IMO, the core, is your daily starters, the ones that get penciled in just about every lineup.

Manny, AJ, JJ, Schoop, Davis (In past seasons)

Archived