Don't know about you...but I want Cespedes

Todd-O

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Objectively, signing Cespedes, Alvarez and Kazmir/Latos makes us a better team than CD and Kazmir/Latos.

I think the Os have the funds for Davis, Alvarez, and Kazmir. Wieters falls off next offseason so the up tick for Wieters is temporary. Plus Trumbo is a one year proposition

Why keep a potential hall of fame talent when you can replace him with a journeyman, right?

So sick of Duquette's antiquated ways. Develop some competency and realize it isn't the 1990's anymore.

Don't get your panties in a bunch about this just yet. There's a lot that can happen between now and when Manny is a free agent.

I don't think that means much. They committed $66 mm to Markakis in 2009, and $85 mm to Jones in 2012. Prices have inflated since then. A player as valuable as Markakis or Jones (based on their age and historical performance at the time they were signed) would cost $100 mm at today's prices.

I don't think I would mind an opt-out as much (if at all) as long as it were mutual. If it puts ALL the power in the player's hands, I agree with DD. Forget it.

Watching him try and casual backhand, kick that ball and then give up on the play in the World Series was all I needed to see. He handed them an inside the park Home Run and looked like he could care less. You kick the ball, go after it! The Left fielder who was further away from the ball had to sprint after it because Cespedes gave up and started walking. Don't want a player like that in Baltimore. Not even for $5 mil a year.

UFcxQRW.gif

Watching him try and casual backhand, kick that ball and then give up on the play in the World Series was all I needed to see. He handed them an inside the park Home Run and looked like he could care less. You kick the ball, go after it! The Left fielder who was further away from the ball had to sprint after it because Cespedes gave up and started walking. Don't want a player like that in Baltimore. Not even for $5 mil a year.

UFcxQRW.gif

I dont see him walking away from the ball??? He turned and started to go after it and the LF looked like he was going full out... I dunno

Archived