Bedard Scratched Again

thriftyorioles

Sorry if this was posted, but i did not see it.

Bottom line is a good trade may turn out to be a great trade if he keeps coming up with these injuries as he often does. I certainly don't wish anything bad on Eric, but he seems to be a guy who flat out always finds a banana peel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEATTLE -- The Seattle Mariners scratched Erik Bedard as their starting pitcher before Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Angels because of inflammation in his left hip.

"His hip flared up again," manager John McLaren said. "We were hoping the medication would kick in like it did in Baltimore, but he still feels it a little bit so we're going to play it on the safe side."

Bedard (1-0, 3.27) missed a scheduled start April 6 at Baltimore because of the hip injury, but pitched six innings to earn a 6-5 win at Tampa Bay on April 8 in his second start of the season.

"We'll see how he feels tomorrow," McLaren said. "If he feels OK, he'll throw in the bullpen and we'll slot him next week sometime. It's one of those things where we're trying to be patient with our pitchers early in the season. We don't think it's serious."

Cha Seung Baek (0-0, 27.00) started in place of Bedard. Baek pitched one inning in relief and allowed three earned runs April 4 against Baltimore in his only appearance this season.

Ironic....wasn't there a rumor (that proved to be untrue) during the week the trade was held up due to physicals, that Adam Jones had some type of hip condition that was holding up the deal?

And now Erik misses two starts due to a hip condition.

THAT's ironic. Not rain on your wedding day or the good advice that you just didn't take.

Ironic....wasn't there a rumor (that proved to be untrue) during the week the trade was held up due to physicals, that Adam Jones had some type of hip condition that was holding up the deal?

And now Erik misses two starts due to a hip condition.

THAT's ironic. Not rain on your wedding day or the good advice that you just didn't take.

Ten thousand spoons is pretty ironic, though, if you ask me.

Interesting that we are reminded of the "hip condition" dating back to the trade talks. Very ironic. What's also interesting is that Bedard uses that hip turn in his delievery probably moreso than any other pitcher in baseball. I wonder if it's related and, if so, if he'll eventually have to alter his delivery. Just thinking out loud.

This hip thing is old? (Not disagreeing, I just don't know...)

Archived