Pedro Alvarez Playing First Base Today. Televised MlbTV

weams

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On the road <a href="https://twitter.com/Twins">@Twins</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> Pedro Alvarez makes debut at 1B. Batting clean up. <a href="https://t.co/8kTFO84aUm">pic.twitter.com/8kTFO84aUm</a></p>— Sports With Coleman (@sportswcoleman) <a href="

">March 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CdbdgfEWwAAqnrF.jpg

If Pedro is truly working on his defense, he will get his chance to succeed.

So expect to see him quite a bit early. Then, probably, less if his career trend holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Pedro is truly working on his defense, he will get his chance to succeed.

So expect to see him quite a bit early. Then, probably, less if his career trend holds.

I don't get this line of thinking. I don't get it with Alvarez and I don't get it with Parades.

If he was capable of playing better defense we would have seen it already.

Defense peaks early, Alvarez is entering his age 29 season.

You would think that spending six seasons in a league without a DH would have given him plenty of incentive to work on his defense.

I don't get this line of thinking. I don't get it with Alvarez and I don't get it with Parades.

If he was capable of playing better defense we would have seen it already.

Defense peaks early, Alvarez is entering his age 29 season.

You would think that spending six seasons in a league without a DH would have given him plenty of incentive to work on his defense.

One half hearted year to my knowledge. At First.

Than it ain't happening now.

Just like when I say I am going to start eating better, in about a week he will be sneaking cookies.

I don't care. He can play a bit of first in case Davis gets suspended. Or Hurt. Especially during PRACTICE baseball.

I don't care about him improving.

I care about Buck putting him out there, like he did with Cruz and Young, when he should be DHing.

The difference being that Delmon was in the field to make the best lineup against lefty starters that the Orioles could. Alvarez won't need to be forced into a situation of playing the field vs. LHPs.

And if Alvarez could play the field equally as OK as Cruz did while here, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to see him get an OF start here or there. I have doubts that he can. But I also have doubts that he will never play defense. I read somewhere that Boras was pushing teams for commitment about Alvarez playing the field half-time. I certainly can't foresee that happening, but maybe there is an agreement that he plays the field something like once per week. I have a hard time thinking it will improve his value as a FA next year whether he does or does not.

The difference being that Delmon was in the field to make the best lineup against lefty starters that the Orioles could. Alvarez won't need to be forced into a situation of playing the field vs. LHPs.

And if Alvarez could play the field equally as OK as Cruz did while here, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to see him get an OF start here or there. I have doubts that he can. But I also have doubts that he will never play defense. I read somewhere that Boras was pushing teams for commitment about Alvarez playing the field half-time. I certainly can't foresee that happening, but maybe there is an agreement that he plays the field something like once per week. I have a hard time thinking it will improve his value as a FA next year whether he does or does not.

If it helps him stay engaged and happy, I'm fine with letting him play at 1B maybe once a week. I don't think there is any chance we let him in the OF, though. If he looks terrible at first, we justify burning his glove.

Good luck convincing me that Young's bat could carry his glove.

The only time he should see the field is on the road at National league parks.

Maybe.

Archived