Hardball Talk: Stat Loaded iPads in the dugout.

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MLB, Apple enter into an agreement allowing teams to use stat-loaded iPads in*dugouts <a href="https://t.co/WOkZ6P2ZO1">https://t.co/WOkZ6P2ZO1</a></p>— HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) <a href="

">March 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apple and Major League Baseball have entered into a multi-year agreement in which every team will be given iPad Pro tablets loaded with analytics and other stuff to be used in-game, in dugouts, The Wall Street Journal reports. This corresponds with MLB's lifting of a ban on using laptops, tablets and smartphones in dugouts.

In addition to any number of analytical tools, spray charts and the like, the iPads will have video so a hitter will be able to, for example, watch video of a pitcher he is about to face without having to go back into the clubhouse. This is convenient for teams and Rob Manfred touts it as a means of speeding up games (eh, sure, OK). It?s also quite convenient for Apple, which will no doubt benefit from lots of live TV footage of the sports? biggest stars using iPads in the middle of games. In this, the Wall Street Journal notes, it's sort of like the NFL's adoption of Microsoft Surface tablets on sidelines. Except this time, when broadcasters make note of the devices, calling them "iPads" will actually be accurate.

Thanks, I had forgot about the mini.

Seriously, anything less than 64 gigs on a IPAD is a joke, especially the 16 gig version, not enough space to stored nada.

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=1967619&langid=-1&cid=PS:GooglePLAs:1967619&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1967619&KPID=1967619&lsft=cid:PS-_-GooglePLAs-_-1967619,kpid:1967619,adtype:pla,channel:online&gclid=CMLXuoa_6MsCFYQfhgodpNkOQg

External memory is so cheap these days not sure why internal memory is much of an issue.

Thats an option. I usually just move my pictures over to my windows PC, and use the iCloud to backup my system.

There's no port on iPads for expanding external memory if I understand it correctly. My wife just got the iPad Pro.

$10 says someone drops and shatters it when they duck for cover when a foul ball rockets into the dugout or when Manny and Schoop bump into it doing the special handshake.

Then theyre back to using Earl Weaver's 3 x 5 notecards. Which worked pretty well.

There's no port on iPads for expanding external memory if I understand it correctly. My wife just got the iPad Pro.

$10 says someone drops and shatters it when they duck for cover when a foul ball rockets into the dugout or when Manny and Schoop bump into it doing the special handshake.

$50 bucks says someone leaves theirs in a hotel.

They just better not do it in St Louis.

The question I have, are these things going to be loaded with proprietary information?

As to the lack of ports, I am not an Apple guy but the description says it connects through the lightning connector.

Archived