Despite Ubaldo today, if feel good about the rotation

sfosfan

Man, Ubaldo has been such a disappointment.

2014- 125.1 IP, 4.81 ERA, 1.516 WHIP

2015- 184 IP, 4.11 ERA, 1.359 WHIP

2016- 27 IP, 5.20 ERA, 1.699 WHIP

Very frustrating. He has simply not been worth the money. Not even in 2015.

He was easily worth the 12 million he was paid in 2015. According to fangraphs, he was worth 21.6M in 2015.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, DD will get it done. Now that he has forfeited the 14th pick for an injured Gallardo--an injury that they knew was possible ..... and failed to wrap up Fowler, who is off to a great start, he will find a way to get us a Scott Feldman-type starter. Hopefully, this time it won't cost us a future ace.

I know you are being sarcastic, but let's be fair. Duquette helped get us players like Rickard and before that Miguel Gonzalez and Nate McClouth, and made a good move in acquiring Mark Trumbo and Brad Brach before that. And I think soon you'll see Pedro Alvarez come to life.

No doubt, he made some forgettable moves, but let's balance it out when you mention Duquette.

Man, Ubaldo has been such a disappointment.

2014- 125.1 IP, 4.81 ERA, 1.516 WHIP

2015- 184 IP, 4.11 ERA, 1.359 WHIP

2016- 27 IP, 5.20 ERA, 1.699 WHIP

Very frustrating. He has simply not been worth the money. Not even in 2015.

David Price currently has an ERA well over 6. He was banged around again last night. They pay him two and-a-half times per season what Ubaldo gets. And if he gets hurt, they are on the hook for 6 more years after this one.

OK, who hacked into Roy's account ???

Just kidding, Roy. It's nice to see you being fair and objective in spite of the fact that you are often cynical of the team/franchise.

Still can't believe we gave up 2 1st round picks for Ubaldo and Gallardo. 6-7 years for them, too. Guys with declining stuff and command issues. Still scratching my head on that one.

That said, if Ubaldo pitched like 2015, I'd take it every single time. But I don't think that's going to happen considering he's reverted back to broken mechanics.

I'm optimistic about the rotation. The White Sox got lucky in game 3 and Ubaldo had a bad start. At least he had a bad start in a game where we weren't going to win anyway. Hard to win only scoring 1. Gausman has terrible luck. He never gets runs support and then runs into a "due" Archer and then a rare blown save for O'day.

I know you are being sarcastic but lets be fair. Duquette helped get us players like Rickard and before that Miguel Gonzalez and Nate McClouth and made a good move in acquiring Mark Trumbo, and Brad Brach before that, and I think soon you'll see Pedro Alvarez come to life. No doubt, he made some forgettable moves, but lets balance it out when you mention Duquette.

Fair enough. But name one trade where we fleeced a team like DD has been fleeced? Plus, to forfeit the 14th pick for a guy whose physical showed concerns is unbelievable. Our best two ML hitters (Mancini, Walker) are blocked at first. I just don't see how we can say DD has done a very good job. But hey, who ever knew you needed starting pitching to win? Baseball is to new of a sport for us to really know this yet:)

Agreed, I was only responding to the poster who proclaimed he was not even worth his money in 2015. He was actually pretty good in 2015.

I knew you were. I just wanted everyone to see his value overall. Lest I be accused of railing against a valuable asset. If he could have approached 2015 in the other years I'd be more optimistic.

Fair enough. But name one trade where we fleeced a team like DD has been fleeced? Plus, to forfeit the 14th pick for a guy whose physical showed concerns is unbelievable. Our best two ML hitters (Mancini, Walker) are blocked at first. I just don't see how we can say DD has done a very good job. But hey, who ever knew you needed starting pitching to win? Baseball is to new of a sport for us to really know this yet:)

Thankfully my memory is short on this topic. But has DD really been "fleeced" or just the victim of bad circumstances and really bad luck? And don't even think about saying the Cubs fleeced him :angryfire: :beerchug1:

Archived