vs. ATHLETICS, 5/07 DH Gm.2

Sessh

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't very clear there, I meant that I'm sure he knows these things, but the speed and pressure of this level can be getting to him. Its a work in progress.

As they always say, baseball is a game of inches, and as far as the missed cut off man in the first game, if that throw were a few inches down it would have been caught. I think there is some fine tuning that needs to be done.

Sure. I mean I doubt he thought he would be an everyday player in the spring. Just wanted to make the team.

Wasn't very clear there, I meant that I'm sure he knows these things, but the speed and pressure of this level can be getting to him. Its a work in progress.

As they always say, baseball is a game of inches, and as far as the missed cut off man in the first game, if that throw were a few inches down it would have been caught. I think there is some fine tuning that needs to be done.

No one is suggesting they give him back to the Rays.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• At least Turner, Realmuto & Marsh are all out. Not that they've missed them much.
    • Yeah Mayo is probably the next difference maker in terms of RHB.
    • Whether they have hit recently or not I don't know what else we would expect against a LHP. It kinda sucks that Mateo-Urias and Cowser-Mullins-Stowers are samehanded. If we wanted another RHB in the lineup you could put Mateo in center and then start Urias but I'm guessing he would not be a difference maker for you. 
    • CoC made no assertion of any of that, so just stop. Here is his post in the 'Cal thinks Holiday moved to fast through the system', which was a response to me saying Holiday needed to physically mature some. CoC - 'At 6 feet and 195 pounds, Holliday’s maximum lift on the bench press has jumped to 315 pounds. He can squat 455 pounds, deadlift 500 pounds and box jump 55 inches — more than 4 1/2 feet.' He got that from this article, which he linked: https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/02/20/orioles-jackson-holliday-offseason-training-program/ Here is the thread, my post and CoC's are on the first page.      
    • He looks at every lineup like that. He's been amazing.
    • Again, I never said that.  Quite the opposite.  Being too muscle bound can slow down a swing and running, plus make it harder to throw etc.  I think JH is fine as far as his build.  He will grow into his man body soon enough but in no way do I think JH should get muscle bound nor do I think you need to be to play baseball. Can of Corn implied that by talking about JH's huge, and again wrong, lifting numbers.....I did not. 
    • I wouldn't trade Hollidy, Mayo, or Basallo for Crochet, but would definitely try to come up with a package around Kjerstad.  There is no doubt that Crochet is one of the top 10 arms in mlb, IMO, and  trading him is just a WS kind of thing to do.  Crochet could be that dominant arm out of the pen the O's need this year, and next year, the O's big 3 would be Bradish, Crochet and Gray Rod.  Maybe something like Kjerstad, Povich, some prospect in 20-25 range.  Crochet has probably been the best starter in the majors since some bad starts in early April.  ERA in low 1's since then. 
  • Popular Contributors