vs. RED SOX, 6/2

Sessh

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Well this is just blatantly incorrect.  He did have a .580 OPS in May followed by a .679 in June.  Over the last 28 days, he has a .738 OPS and over the last week its .850.  Throughout this entire stretch his batted ball data remained strong.  Are the first few weeks of the season carrying his numbers?  Sure.  But to say he has "like a .500 OPS" since the first few weeks of the season is massive stretch. This also isn't taking into account the defensive dropoff from Cowser to Kjerstad.  The good news is there is plenty of room for both of them to get regular at-bats. 
    • Think I saw that barrios was the brewers 21st ranked prospect or something. If we could’ve gotten a year and a half of civale for someone like Liranzo or Sosa, that would’ve been extremely tempting. 
    • The best and easiest way to clear the biggest logjam is to trade O'Hearn for a quality reliever or a prospect. It's a classic sell high move, and it's much easier to trade for a non-closer reliever than it is to trade for a starter. There are plenty of contending teams that need offensive help. And most importantly, it clears the DH slot for Kjerstad and Mayo.  And Kjerstad shouldn't be sent down again. He's been mishandled enough by Elias and Hyde already, and he's a potential 40 HR bat with upside much higher than a few players who aren't part of the long-term future of this team and that he should already be taking at bats from, including Hays (even against LHP), Mullins (who's going to inevitably slump again and still has terrible offensive numbers despite a red hot 2+ weeks), and O'Hearn. 
    • Kimbrel, so far, is pretty well in line with his career.
    • Mariners offense is anemic. Not one starter last night had an OPS above .750. O's should win one more to take the series and a sweep is a real possibility. Seattle is in a weak division and Astros could overtake them to win the division.
    • Thanks for sharing. But man that graph triggers me. I have spent decades editing graphs made by newbie grad students. I would love to tell the creator for goodness sake reverse those axes so the “good” bullpens have positive residuals and not negative residuals!! 😀 Sorry for aside geek frustrations. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now