Fire Sale

weams

Cruz would have helped but it was the regression of the pitching that did us in. Tillman, Gonzalez, Norris, combined to do us in.

I know that's the story on here and I know that was the main reason but I strongly believe Cruz would have gotten us a WC. Agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good pitchers on teams that could likely be out of it by the deadline (not saying they are available)

Rich Hill

Sonny Gray

Julio Teheran

Matt Wisler

Jimmy Nelson

Dan Strailly

Rubby de la Rosa

Tyler Chatwood

Drew Pomeranz

Any them FA next year?

If the money doesn't bother anyone, we could probably get C.C. Sabathia for just a PTBNL.

2016 35 New York Yankees $25,000,000

2017 36 New York Yankees *$25,000,000 $25M Vesting Option, $5M Buyout

Now that would be quite the turning of the screw.

DD had plenty of an opportunity to address this in the offseason and your right, Gallardo was his great ineptitude shining through.

I don't want him trading at all, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, he really got fleeced on the Clevinger for Trumbo trade. :rolleyes:

Good pitchers on teams that could likely be out of it by the deadline (not saying they are available)

Rich Hill

Sonny Gray

Julio Teheran

Matt Wisler

Jimmy Nelson

Dan Strailly

Rubby de la Rosa

Tyler Chatwood

Drew Pomeranz

Those are the only two that interest me and I don't think we can afford to trade for them

Melewski was talking pre-pre game over the weekend, and he said, he could see this team being a buyer, but with another team that was buying, so it would be a buy-buy, instead of a sell-buy, or buy-sell.

What would we be selling? Bullpen arms? OF/DH's? Joseph if he comes back or Wieters?

Archived