A Brief Chat with Tim Beckham's Head Coach

Nothing major, but I wanted to share that I spoke with Jamie Cassady, the head coach of Griifin HS, the team that Tim Beckham plays for.

I asked for and received the latest statistics for TB, and he was not only kind enough to provide those, he spoke very well of the young man as well. It was nice to know that Tim is viewed as a great person as well as highly talented ballplayer. He was missing the number of AB's or PA's, but provided the following, which is updated at my site...

.471 BA, 5 HR, 23 RBI, 3 Triples, 12 Doubles, 15 BB's, 5 K's , 15 SB's

Cassady also informed me that the Orioles scouts are spending a great deal of time at the games... not a surprise... who isn't? ;)

Cassady told me about one Orioles scout in particular, who he said had played college ball with him and were seeing each other a great deal these days (from the Beckham frenzy).

Just a nice short chat and he was a very friendly gentleman to boot. :)

Nothing major, but I wanted to share that I spoke with Jamie Cassady, the head coach of Griifin HS, the team that Tim Beckham plays for.

I asked for and received the latest statistics for TB, and he was not only kind enough to provide those, he spoke very well of the young man as well. It was nice to know that Tim is viewed as a great person as well as highly talented ballplayer. He was missing the number of AB's or PA's, but provided the following, which is updated at my site...

Cassady also informed me that the Orioles scouts are spending a great deal of time at the games... not a surprise... who isn't? ;)

Cassady told me about one Orioles scout in particular, who he said had played college ball with him and were seeing each other a great deal these days (from the Beckham frenzy).

Great stuff Greg. Who knows? Maybe you can become the next Mel Kiper out of the Harford County area. ;)

Thanks, Greg. Any chance you got the ABs or PAs? I'm curious to compare against his junior stats:

.512 BA, 6 HR, 39 RBI, 6 Triples, 9 Doubles, 20 SB

Thanks, Greg. Any chance you got the ABs or PAs? I'm curious to compare against his junior stats:

.512 BA, 6 HR, 39 RBI, 6 Triples, 9 Doubles, 20 SB

No, he forgot those, and I asked him specifically. Ah well... Beckham's stats may not be as good as last year, but teams are likely pitching around him far more this season.

No, he forgot those, and I asked him specifically. Ah well... Beckham's stats may not be as good as last year, but teams are likely pitching around him far more this season.

Oh, I have no doubt that is true. It would surprise me if his stats ended up having much to do with where he is drafted, especially considering the league. He has already dazzled everyone at the Area Code games and various showcases.

Again, nice work.

Oh, I have no doubt that is true. It would surprise me if his stats ended up having much to do with where he is drafted, especially considering the league. He has already dazzled everyone at the Area Code games and various showcases.

Again, nice work.

Thanks a lot.

Archived