vs. MARINERS, 6/30

OFFNY

There has been. People come out of the woodworks to accuse you of having some "anti-Manny agenda" or some ridiculous nonsense like that. I'd call that denial. Anyway, it's a shame, but Manny is going to have to change

his last name to Ramirez if he keeps this up.

That is not even close to being true. You must have some other site in mind.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have yet to see the fall off that so many on this board confidently predicted as the reason not to sign him as a free agent. Not at all. Nada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, not signing him hurt us last year. If we had signed him, I seriously doubt we would have signed Trumbo this year. So with Trumbo instead of Cruz, I don't think we are any worse off this year. Plus we have whoever we got with the Cruz comp pick. Is that Mountcastle?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The concern for the falloff was in years 3 and 4 of the contract. That said, I am sure if the O's knew he would be this good for years 1 and 2 they would have gladly taken the risk for years 3 and 4.

No one thought a former Steroid abuser would continue to improve in his mid thirties. Especially without his assist.

That is not even close to being true. You must have some other site in mind.

What? I was accused of that very thing; having an "anti-Manny agenda" for pointing out that this is a regular thing from him this season. It is completely true and it's this site in mind.

Well, not signing him hurt us last year. If we had signed him, I seriously doubt we would have signed Trumbo this year. So with Trumbo instead of Cruz, I don't think we are any worse off this year. Plus we have whoever we got with the Cruz comp pick. Is that Mountcastle?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It was Mountcastle. And we'll also get a comp for Trumbo.

The concern for the falloff was in years 3 and 4 of the contract. That said, I am sure if the O's knew he would be this good for years 1 and 2 they would have gladly taken the risk for years 3 and 4.

I predicted then and say again now that there will be no fall off in years 3 or 4 either. Last year was when we really needed him...this year we replaced him and more with Trumbo. But I think Cruz will be Ortiz part 2 in terms of late career production as a DH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived