Duquette and Trades

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was three.

My bad. It was three. We won game one, 12-3. He played a role in the two games that followed but there's no way of saying we would have lost those game or even the series if he wasn't on the team. He certainly helped, I will give you that. We had a pretty good bullpen already before he got here.

If what we heard was true' date=' that Miller was going to the Tigers if we didn't get him, that trade may have won that for us.[/quote']

Possible. But I think it's still a stretch to say that Miller won us that Series.

I didn't have a big problem with that trade when it happened. I was kind of on the fence and then happy when Miller got here and I saw how good he was.

Davies for Parra is the one that really hurts right now.

Possible. But I think it's still a stretch to say that Miller won us that Series.

I didn't have a big problem with that trade when it happened. I was kind of on the fence and then happy when Miller got here and I saw how good he was.

I think I can say that undeniabley us trading for Miller helped defeat that team in three games. The bullpen of the Tigers is what the Orioles exploited. Without Manny, Or Chris Davis or Matt Wieters.

And if that team is not defeated in three, who knows what happens.

If what we heard was true' date=' that Miller was going to the Tigers if we didn't get him, that trade may have won that for us.[/quote']

I feel like people always forget this. If Miller was traded to the Tigers, the O's would not have been able to feast on their poor bullpen, as easily.

If the O's get Rich Hill or another top pitcher at the deadline, that blocks the Red Sox or a potential team the O's play in the playoffs.

Don't sure how I feel about trading away the few prospect the O's have but you have to take that into account.

I understand. But the OP is directing it specifically to his ability with trades, and I'd like to see it say on that.

I think the fact that we have seen a change is right on target with the OP. IMO the trades have been good and we havent been fleeced as some proclaim.

The proof is in the record.

everybody laments the Jake trade but a the time it looked good. There was no way that anybody could have ever imagined that a knucklehead like Arrieta would ever get if figured out and have this kinda success. Sure it looks bad in hindsight, but it cant be viewed that way. You can only assess any trade on what it was at the time it was made. Nobody but the Lord can predict the future or see into the future.

Losing ERod doesnt look like the big fleece that some have claimed and lamented over.

I would never expect Dan to bat .1000 on his trades, because nobody does that well. Its to be expected that some will not work out all that well, so IMO you have to look at the overall body of work which in this case would be the team's record since he has been here.

Davies for Parra hurt very much. But, who knows who Dan really tried to get. Bundy and Harvey being injured sure messed that up.

I was against the Miller trade, but there is no question that he met/exceeded expectations. I still don't think it was worth it, but that depends on whether EdRod gets his act back together again and becomes a solid major league starting pitcher. Since his demotion, he had one excellent start (7 IP, 2 H, 0 R) and one mediocre short one (3 IP, 3 H, 2 R).

I was against the Miller trade, but there is no question that he met/exceeded expectations. I still don't think it was worth it, but that depends on whether EdRod gets his act back together again and becomes a solid major league starting pitcher. Since his demotion, he had one excellent start (7 IP, 2 H, 0 R) and one mediocre short one (3 IP, 3 H, 2 R).

What you almost have to look at there is did the trade serve the purpose at the time without diminishing the present value at the Major League Level. With that said, the Miller trade was perfect, the Parra trade was awful.

Davies for Parra hurt very much. But, who knows who Dan really tried to get. Bundy and Harvey being injured sure messed that up.

I really wanted Revere due to the extra year of team control. Reportedly, we were gunning for him and the Blue Jays offered a better prospect.

But then maybe we would not have signed Kim or kept Rickard on the team. Butterfly effect.

I really wanted Revere due to the extra year of team control. Reportedly, we were gunning for him and the Blue Jays offered a better prospect.

But then maybe we would not have signed Kim or kept Rickard on the team. Butterfly effect.

That's what Earl said. "Everything Changes Everything."

I worry a little bit when DD make's trades at the deadline, besides Miller none of the other deadline deals have really helped. Hader, EdRod and Davies could probaly be helping this team right now more than what the players they were traded for did, besides Miller.

I think if a move is made it has to be made for more than a marginal upgrade and hopefully not a rental. If he's gonna gut the system and go for it he might as well try to get Gray or Pomeranz. I'm not sure we have the prospects to pull it off but it's better than trading for guys like Ervin Santana or Ricky Nolasco, although Santana would be a big upgrade to Jimenez, Wright & Wilson.

I worry a little bit when DD make's trades at the deadline, besides Miller none of the other deadline deals have really helped. Hader, EdRod and Davies could probaly be helping this team right now more than what the players they were traded for did, besides Miller.

I think if a move is made it has to be made for more than a marginal upgrade and hopefully not a rental. If he's gonna gut the system and go for it he might as well try to get Gray or Pomeranz. I'm not sure we have the prospects to pull it off but it's better than trading for guys like Ervin Santana or Ricky Nolasco, although Santana would be a big upgrade to Jimenez, Wright & Wilson.

Bud Norris did a great job in 2013 and 2014.

Archived