Orioles scouts will be watching Rich Hill today

Dark Helmet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently, Tampa has almost no interest in trading within the division. Boston was told "No Thanks" when they asked Tampa about pitching. I dont know what kind of package besides Bundy would get Tampa to look at Baltimore as a trade partner.

I was gonna say, I read that somewhere a week or two ago too. Not within the division.

Rumor has it Boston asked about the price on Hill and Beane wanted Espinoza back.

Lol. But a poster suggested Macini would get it done? That's why I am lost.

I don't trust DD on these trades. Praying we sit on our hands or get some long bullpen guy and hope to convert.

Rumor has it Boston asked about the price on Hill and Beane wanted Espinoza back.

He can ask for whatever he wants. Won't mean he will get it. Hence why Espinoza is a Padre now. The A's really aren't in the driver's seat with Hill. They aren't going to QO him. They'll take what they can get or keep him and get nothing. I personally don't want Hill.

At this point, I think Ervin Santana would be the best option for the Orioles. Santana's a solid league average pitcher who's been a consistent innings eater throughout his career plus the Twins asking price wouldn't be exorbitant because of his contact. The only question is would the Orioles be willing to pay Santana $28 million for the next two years?

He can ask for whatever he wants. Won't mean he will get it. Hence why Espinoza is a Padre now. The A's really aren't in the driver's seat with Hill. They aren't going to QO him. They'll take what they can get or keep him and get nothing. I personally don't want Hill.

I disagree. There's about 10 teams who need a pitcher and a handful or less of quality ones available.

Archived