Matt Wieters

evenparthrough9

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am furious over Wieters right now. He sits for 6 games, after he comes back struggles on defense and right away we hear about his foot still bothering him. Ok well then why on the world wasn't he put on the DL? I guess giving him another 8-9 days to get healthy just makes too much sense. Instead lets have him aggravate it instead. Brilliant.

I am furious over Wieters right now. He sits for 6 games, after he comes back struggles on defense and right away we hear about his foot still bothering him. Ok well then why on the world wasn't he put on the DL? I guess giving him another 8-9 days to get healthy just makes too much sense. Instead lets have him aggravate it instead. Brilliant.

Yeah. Pena could fill in. At least he'll block balls.

It's the Bud Norris phenomenon. Nobody wants to go on the DL in their walk year. Especially after taking a QO.

Yeah. Pena could fill in. At least he'll block balls.

The more I think about it the more it ticks me off. I mean was basically one more week off going to kill Matt or the team?

Instead we will be hearing about how his foot is still hurting him for lord knows how long. The club had no reason to push Matt, none.

Because in Buck's mind, an injured Wieters is still better than every other catcher in the organization, and he's better than every other catcher in the AL.

Because in Buck's mind, an injured Wieters is not only better than every other catcher in the organization, he's better than every other catcher in the AL.

Then Buck is a fool. We are talking about 8 games. 8! Off day Monday.

In tonight's presser, Buck immediately gets short/defensive when Gary makes any comment about Wieters not being 100%. I love Buck, but if he had to answer to NY, Chi, Bos press corps he would be taken to task for some of his stubborness that is disguised as loyalty.

Watching Russel Martin steal strikes with his pitch framing and then watching Matt not even able to catch was a glaring contrast.

Looks like he won't even get the QO this year

Bingo w/ the framing comment. The only team dumb enough to give, & pay, Wieters a QO is the Orioles. He can no longer field anything low or outside. He backhands everything ... & his backhand is atrocious.

Give Joseph a chance to play regularly & he will hit better. He's the type of player that needs his 'reps' to get in his groove. CJ & Pena will only get better by next year ... Wieters (unfortunately; I like the guy) is diminishing returns.

Bingo w/ the framing comment. The only team dumb enough to give, & pay, Wieters a QO is the Orioles. He can no longer field anything low or outside. He backhands everything ... & his backhand is atrocious.

Give Joseph a chance to play regularly & he will hit better. He's the type of player that needs his 'reps' to get in his groove. CJ & Pena will only get better by next year ... Wieters (unfortunately; I like the guy) is diminishing returns.

Joseph will be 31 years old next year. Do 31 year old players who have never hit before typically start hitting? Joseph couldn't even hit at Triple A. I think if he doesn't start hitting this year I would plan on a new back-up catcher for 2017. Pena only has an OPS around .600 at Norfolk. These guys are not starters.

This thread should be titled "Grasping at Straws"

Archived