Wade Miley... and Miranda to start on Thursday

webbrick2010

I find this interesting

If Miranda is really ready to start at the ML level, like Seattle thinks

then why didn't the O's just start him?

Buck/Dan really like their veterans with track records. It'll be interesting to see what we get out of Miley

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find this interesting

Buck/Dan really like their veterans with track records. It'll be interesting to see what we get out of Miley

It will be interesting to see what you say if he pitches poorly and what I will say if he pitches well.

The Cubs started Matusz the other day, why didn't the O's just use him as a starter?

How did that work for them?

I hate the Miley trade. I hope to be wrong - but I get agitated just thinking about it.

Why, you really think Miranda is a quality SP on a first place team in a playoff hunt?

I find this interesting

I think it'll be interesting if you decide to give the FO some credit if the Miley trade works out well for us.

How did that work for them?

Why, you really think Miranda is a quality SP on a first place team in a playoff hunt?

Nope and I don't think Miley is a quality starter on a first place team either.

Seattle is only 5 GB the wildcard spot and playing pretty well, perhaps they think Miranda is better than Miley. I don't know just think it's interesting that they are starting him immediately.

I think it'll be interesting if you decide to give the FO some credit if the Miley trade works out well for us.

I'd love to give them credit

I'm not at all against the trade

as I said in other posts, I don't think Miley will be the reason the O's make the playoffs and I don't think he'll be the reason that they don't make the playoffs.

Seattle is only 5 GB the wildcard spot and playing pretty well, perhaps they think Miranda is better than Miley. I don't know just think it's interesting that they are starting him immediately.

Seattle does have a history of taking advantage of us in trades.

Hope Miranda throws a no hitter.

I think it was a cash dump for Seattle.

Seattle hasn't made the best trade decisions over the years.

Miranda got hammered pretty good this year, and I guess Buck and DD, felt he didn't have it in him, to warrant a 2nd look.

I find this interesting

One guy has been worth over 10 wins in a 5+ year MLB career as a starter. The other had the 5th-best starter ERA on a so-so AAA Norfolk Tides team as a 27-year-old.

Yea, you'd definitely prefer the latter. Especially if your goal was to incessantly criticize the Orioles.

Why do I think that if this trade was rumored, didn't go through, and Miranda was starting for the O's your comment would be just as negative?

Archived