Mancini talk, 2017

weams

I'm going to temper my enthusiasm, though he definitely showed he has some power -- that ball was crushed. Still, his OPS was only about 20 points above Christian Walker's. I'm thinking he's a .750ish OPS guy as a major leaguer who is mostly going to DH.

Harbor Park in Norfolk is the place home runs and balls in the gap go to die.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harbor Park in Norfolk is the place home runs and balls in the gap go to die.

Yes, I know. It's a legitimate issue. My personal belief is that the park effect of Harbor Park and the step-up in quality to the major leagues tend to cancel each other out -- i.e., a .750 OPS hitter in Norfolk will be a .750 OPS hitter in the major leagues, more or less. Obviously, it doesn't always work out precisely that way.

o

(vs. RED SOX, September 20th)

NUMBER 1

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

o

o

Scroll down to the 11th paragraph.

Mancini on a Special Home Run

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/09/gausman-on-a-pitch-that-got-away-mancini-on-a-special-homer.html

o

(vs. RED SOX, September 22nd)

NUMBER 2

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPH ANTHONY MANCINI

o

o

In his very next plate appearance, he hit a lead-off double in the bottom of the 6th inning.

At the Orioles game on Tuesday, some dude overheard me talking about Trey Mancini when I was trying to get his autograph. The guy stated "Mancini? He won't be any good, you should find a good player." Hopefully he is choking on something right now after seeing Mancini hit.

Even if he does think Mancini is going to suck, why would you say something like that? What a jerk.

Archived