Mancini talk, 2017

weams

Doesn't look like he's in the starting line up today.

From Kubatko:

For the Orioles

Adam Jones CF

Hyun Soo Kim LF

Manny Machado 3B

Mark Trumbo RF

Chris Davis 1B

Jonathan Schoop 2B

J.J. Hardy SS

Pedro Alvarez DH

Caleb Joseph C

Who would he replace? I am not wanting him to replace anyone on the big club. When a team is fighting for a playoff spot you don't play a minor leaguer unless something drastic has happened. IMO

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who would he replace? I am not wanting him to replace anyone on the big club. When a team is fighting for a playoff spot you don't play a minor leaguer unless something drastic has happened. IMO

I'm expecting him to DH against lefties down the stretch.

No, they sold a draft pick to save money (3M) on Matusz. Then they spent 1.6 million on Pearce.

Pearce had a 623 OPS against left handed pitching last year. I would use the term inconsistent instead of solid.

Yeah exactly. DD signs Gallardo at the expense of a draft pick knowing Gallardo is an injury risk, then he does this. Makes no sense.

No, they sold a draft pick to save money (3M) on Matusz. Then they spent 1.6 million on Pearce.

Pearce had a 623 OPS against left handed pitching last year. I would use the term inconsistent instead of solid.

You like to cherry pick stats to fit your agenda. I'll take the overall numbers.

I think folks forget, despite him being an O, how dreadful Pearce was last year. He's one of the reasons Dan felt a need to trade for Parra.

I think everyone remembers how bad Pearce was last year and the GMs around the league knew as well that is why we didn't have to give up much to get him. I was against trading for Pearce but really who cares at this point?

I think everyone remembers how bad Pearce was last year and the GMs around the league knew as well that is why we didn't have to give up much to get him. I was against trading for Pearce but really who cares at this point?

I agree with this. Why get Pearce? (btw we got his bobble head )

But he had a few good months and that its

But to many of y'all make to much of draft picks.

And I realize Im beating a dead horse and y'all do not agree with me.

It will be interesting to get a first look at Mancini tonight. I thought it was possible that he had batted against EdRod in the minors this year, but EdRod never faced Norfolk in his seven MiL starts this season.

Maybe in minor league spring training batting practice in 2014...

Archived