David Hernandez

Sports Guy

If anyone on here is going to be at his start tonight, please come look for me and say hello. I'll be in the section that's behind the net, at the top of the section, holding a new video camera that has enough zoom to allow me to steer clear of the ball, and I'll be counting on Baysox_Usher, when not herding fans, to give me a huge shout if one comes my way :D

This will be my first time seeing Hernandez with my own eyes. I'll be keeping an eye on his FO/GO balance and whether he can stay relaxed and pitch his game, and whatever else strikes me about his approach. I can't wait to see him.

So D, we can blame the RAIN on you?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I can offer some video?

First inning: Strikeout, single to Left-Center over the head of the shortstop, Double-Play grounder to short.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCoycfXJPig&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCoycfXJPig&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great conversation and fine pitching, even if only for an inning or so before the deluge. It was good to be back.

Maybe I can offer some video?

First inning: Strikeout, single to Left-Center over the head of the shortstop, Double-Play grounder to short.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCoycfXJPig&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCoycfXJPig&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great conversation and fine pitching, even if only for an inning or so before the deluge. It was good to be back.

Very nice first inning! I was up in the Diamond View awaiting the rain! :(

I guess I'll be there on Weds. & Thurs. to try it again.

Look for ya soon.

Maybe I'm being picky but I'd call that a so-so performance. The strikeout to walk ratio is fantastic! Don't get me wrong. But how can your stuff be so good (judging by the K's) and you still manage to give up 6 hits and 3 runs in 5 IP? I guess he left early either do to pitch count and/or the heat.

I was commenting on how the 8 KO's was nice and NO Walks! But He got a NO decision today

Maybe I'm being picky but I'd call that a so-so performance. The strikeout to walk ratio is fantastic! Don't get me wrong. But how can your stuff be so good (judging by the K's) and you still manage to give up 6 hits and 3 runs in 5 IP? I guess he left early either do to pitch count and/or the heat.

I was at the game today and had the opportunity to meet Weams and JustD, great people and I definitely will meet up again. OK back at the game, yes you can call it so-so but I won't this time. David was pretty much working with one pitch today, his slider had no grip and his change-up was good at times. He threw only 80 pitches today and they took him out because he only threw 4 innings in 10 days. Anyway he did give up 3 runs today and that was probably the only thing that you could say was so-so, but he did strikeout 8(Belliard(sp) twice!!! And he didn't walk a batter!!

Grade: B

It was really a pleasure to spend time with you, both in Bowie and in Harrisburg. I hope your flight back was uneventful...and perhaps by the time you return, I will have gotten the video uploaded. :)

Hernandez has been the prospect I am most interested in this year and he has not disappointed. I would not be surprised in the long run that he is not better than any of our pitching prospects with the exception of Tillman.

Archived