Buck Stuff

ChuckS

That's nothing the manager can control. The team is built the way it is built.

Gotta ride or die with Britton there. If after the two innings you don't take the lead and have to go to Ubaldo (or someone else) and he gets blown up I think we can all iive with that.

You lose, you lose. I always want to win, but I'm not going to get outraged at this outcome. We knew this team was flawed, we were playing with house money. The flaws need to be fixed or we need to make some serious changes.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That loss ultimately is on Buck. Our disastrous approach at the plate contributed - but you have to go to Britton that inning and prolong the game. Even if you go to Ubaldo first - once those guys get on - you walk the bases full and go to Britton against Bautista with the force at home or the double play available. Britton only had the best ground ball rate in history. It's the obvious move - just an awful series of decisions by Buck.

This was my exact thought. HOW do you go to Ubaldo in this situation when Britton is already warmed up? Even if you start the inning w/ Ubaldo (which should have never happened), HOW do you let him pitch to Bautista?

intentional walk, then bring in Britton.

Put yourself in a ground ball/force out/possible double play position and give your offense at least one more shot.

No reason to go to Ubaldo in the first place

No reason to leave him in once the 2 runners got on base

No reason to let him pitch to Bautista

Our season just ended with, arguably, our best pitcher sitting and watching the game on the sidelines. I have a feeling we'll be talking about this all offseason.

Yep. People are ridiculous now.

I am willing to listen. It is possible after the heat of the moment has passed and taking a step back I'll see what I wrote was too reactionary, heat of the moment. But don't just say ridiculous and leave the thread.

Buck is an idiot. No wonder his teams do better when he leaves. Putting in a guy who self destructs more than he pitches well a guy a month ago you wanted to get rid of for best relief season by an Oriole pitcher ever. When was the last time Zachary even gave up a run?

This is too strong.

Buck made a really bad decision here in this instance. Astronomically bad. But he still makes more good decisions than the average manager, so I still want him coaching this team.

This was my exact thought. HOW do you go to Ubaldo in this situation when Britton is already warmed up? Even if you start the inning w/ Ubaldo (which should have never happened), HOW do you let him pitch to Bautista?

intentional walk, then bring in Britton.

Put yourself in a ground ball/force out/possible double play position and give your offense at least one more shot.

No reason to go to Ubaldo in the first place

No reason to leave him in once the 2 runners got on base

No reason to let him pitch to Bautista

Our season just ended with, arguably, our best pitcher sitting and watching the game on the sidelines. I have a feeling we'll be talking about this all offseason.

You mean Encarnacion.

Archived