Chris Lee's injury is a shoulder not a lat.

wildcard

According to Mike Rosenbaum. Anyone know Rosenbaum? Does he know what he is talking about?

Left-hander Chris Lee (Orioles' No. 9) also is working his way back towards being healthy after a left shoulder injury prematurely ended his 2016 campaign in early July. The 6-foot-3 southpaw, a member of Baltimore's 40-man roster, was plenty good before getting hurt, though, going 5-0 in seven starts (eight appearances), with a 2.98 ERA in 51 1/3 innings.

"Chis is not throwing at this point but will begin a throwing program in December -- just a normal throwing program that players use to get ready for big league camp. He says he feels great, though, which is the biggest thing," said Graham.

http://m.orioles.mlb.com/news/article/205874608/sedlock-akin-dietz-lead-orioles-instructs/

Was the injury the reason he had 19 strikeouts in 51 innings at Bowie? I hope so, because for a healthy pitcher that alone would essentially revoke his prospect status.

I am not holding my breath waiting for Chris Lee to come rescue us.

Good thing we were just skipping him a start to give him extra rest and keep his pitch count down.

The Orioles state controlled media is a joke.

Hope Lee is ok. Back to back years we've had a guy see a big velocity spike and then end up with arm injuries from it. Brandon Kline and Chris lee. Kline could have been in our bullpen 2 years ago. Lee would have at least gotten a look this year as a reliever. Sometimes you are what your are. A reliever.

Good thing we were just skipping him a start to give him extra rest and keep his pitch count down.

The Orioles state controlled media is a joke.

Hope Lee is ok. Back to back years we've had a guy see a big velocity spike and then end up with arm injuries from it. Brandon Kline and Chris lee. Kline could have been in our bullpen 2 years ago. Lee would have at least gotten a look this year as a reliever. Sometimes you are what your are. A reliever.

The Orioles do seem incredibly secretive and even weird about reporting injuries. Most of the secrecy seems very pointless.

In today's game part of pitching well is getting K's.

I'm more concerned about getting people out and not giving up runs. He was sub-3, right? That doesn't count for anything?

We know he had a developing slider that he can hopefully work up to a reliable pitch. I'm interested in giving him a chance to get there with it.

I understand the importance of strikeouts for future projectability. Im just not sure 8 starts is really predictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more concerned about getting people out and not giving up runs. He was sub-3, right? That doesn't count for anything?

We know he had a developing slider that he can hopefully work up to a reliable pitch. I'm interested in giving him a chance to get there with it.

I understand the importance of strikeouts for future projectability. Im just not sure 8 starts is really predictive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was suggesting eight starts were predictive, just stating that it is very difficult to be a successful pitcher in the majors if you can't miss bats.

Archived