Frederick - 9.7

Bowie - 2.8

Lee:

2015 - 6.1

2016 - 3.3

Barker:

AA Mississippi (ATL) - 8.0

Bowie - 4.8

Jason Garcia has typically had good K numbers through the minors, and he's striking out 4.7 per 9 at Bowie. Same with Bridwell and he's at 4.5.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/152954-John-Means-(Jimmy-Yacabonis-have-been-promoted-to-the-Double-A-Bowie-Baysox)/page4

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't say?

Chris Lee, Jason Garcia and David Hess all posted terrible K/9 rates in Bowie this year after having excellent strikeout rates earlier in their careers. I'm not sure that the higher quality of hitter completely accounts for that. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that Mills encourages pitching to contact.

Could be one of several things. Better hitter could swing at less "bad" pitches, or make contact with "strike out" pitches. Pitchers could be looking for contact.

Not sure if anyone has noticed it at the games, but the starts throw at a low hanging "zone" in the bullpen. Could be their way of working on ground ball contact.

Why? Is there something they did that was exceptional in any way?

Not saying they weren't competent, but what makes their loss significant as far as the team's performance is concerned?

We won 89 games and pitching was 20.5 WAR combined. Pretty good and better than the hitting+fielding.

Why? Is there something they did that was exceptional in any way?

Not saying they weren't competent, but what makes their loss significant as far as the team's performance is concerned?

Just the way all the pitchers talked about Dave and Dom. You could tell they all loved them. Britton, Tillman, Gaus, they all credited both guys.

Archived