Bullpen Coach Dom Chiti Leaving Orginization

Can_of_corn

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dom Chiti said he called Dan Duquette 3 times, didn't get a return. Duq said not the case. Now Chiti's a Brave: <a href="https://t.co/072zbKayC5">https://t.co/072zbKayC5</a></p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="
">November 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Isn't this the second time that DD has been accused of not answering phone calls?

Not sure why Dom would make this up. Pretty classless by DD.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dom Chiti said he called Dan Duquette 3 times, didn't get a return. Duq said not the case. Now Chiti's a Brave: <a href="https://t.co/072zbKayC5">https://t.co/072zbKayC5</a></p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="
">November 3, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well that will certainly help our reputation among prospective coaches. :roll eyes:

I hope there was a more congenial parting of the ways with Buck and players that they felt particularly close to.

I know they did it with Brian Roberts and Pearce too. Contact expired, and no one said hey, we are going a different direction. Rather DD/front office never started real negotiations until they go elsewhere.

I have two theories on this-

A.) Angelos has made the decision and it is a lame way to save face. You sign somewhere because we made no offer instead of us announcing we don't want you back.

B.) We know Buck likes "his" guys, which are normally fringe players and his coaches. DD and Buck are known to have some friction, and not negotiating with Buck is a way of keeping him from being too loyal.

I know they did it with Brian Roberts and Pearce too. Contact expired, and no one said hey, we are going a different direction. Rather DD/front office never started real negotiations until they go elsewhere.

I have two theories on this-

A.) Angelos has made the decision and it is a lame way to save face. You sign somewhere because we made no offer instead of us announcing we don't want you back.

B.) We know Buck likes "his" guys, which are normally fringe players and his coaches. DD and Buck are known to have some friction, and not negotiating with Buck is a way of keeping him from being too loyal.

I'm going with:

C. ) Dan doesn't give a hoot about societal expectations. He'd rather act like a 12 year old and avoid confrontation.

Quinn,Assistant hitting coach is also gone.The hardest working coaching staff is breaking up...

Roch Kubatco, today: Showalter said in his season-ending press conference that he expected to have all of his coaches from the 2016 season - with the exception of the retiring Wallace - back in 2017.

There seems to be a significant disconnect here -- between Showalter and his staff? and/or between Showalter and Duquette?

This was all DD and I am guessing it comes from Chiti not really answering the question, yes or no, on the Pitching Coach job. DD probably took that differently then other people. He's yes or no person, not very understanding of nuance.

Or DD wanted him out so he could hire a Pitching coach that wanted to bring in his own bullpen guy.

There was enough discussion between Buck and Chiti. Buck and Dan talk everyday. I am sure it was a joint decision to let Chiti go to the Braves.

With the O's knowing that Wallace was not going be their pitching coach any longer, they considered Chiti for the PC job. They decided against offering him that job. But they had not offered the job to anyone else so Chiti was in a backup position.

There is no comparison to the job the Braves offered and the O's bullpen job. The Braves' job was more money, and a higher position. The O's were not going to match that.

There was enough discussion between Buck and Chiti. Buck and Dan talk everyday. I am sure it was a joint decision to let Chiti go to the Braves.

With the O's knowing that Wallace was not going be their pitching coach any longer, they considered Chiti for the PC job. They decided against offering him that job. But they had not offered the job to anyone else so Chiti was in a backup position.

There is no comparison to the job the Braves offered and the O's bullpen job. The Braves' job was more money, and a higher position. The O's were not going to match that.

The O's should have had the courtesy to return Chiti's phone calls while the matter was pending. Is that too much to ask?

Archived