Will Steve Clevenger return to the O's?

wildcard

Steve became a free agency yesterday. His familiarity with the O's pitching staff may be valuable to the O's if Wieters is not resigned. He hits left handed. Had a 740 OPS in 2015 with the O's. He threw out 31% of runners attempting to steal last year.

Steve is out of options. He would be a backup to Joseph until Sisco is ready. His salary should be under 1M. He will play next year at 31 years old. The O's may insist he gives up is Twitter account.

Just a thought.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the O's will avoid the potential controversy over his past remarks. He's not good enough for the O's to want to take heat for that.

That's a good point.

He was suspended. He would have give a public apology. But since the league gives steroid users a 2nd chance I don't know that he will be drummed out of the league.

You're telling me we have the opportunity to take on a potential PR nightmare and clubhouse cancer who has been worth an average of -.1 WAR per season during his career? Ooooo... how quickly can we pull the trigger on this?! :scratchchinhmm: :rolleyes:

Clubhouse cancer???? I'm not condoning what he posted, but isn't that a little too far?

Archived