Orioles interested in Curtis Granderson? (Heating up with Brach as a target)

Tony-OH

36 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Nope, sorry.  A major league starting pitcher AND Brach for Granderson.   Pass.    An a rotation can become "injury riddled" the first week of spring training, I would think they would hold on dealing away any veteran arms just yet.  

Depends if you consider Gallardo a major league starting pitcher. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oriole said:

Granderson for Brach makes sense but not the money...that's quite a difference in salary. I don't think the Mets want any of our trash starters nor do they probably want to pay much of Grandersons salary so the only thing I can think of is to include a prospect. Who knows if they'd be willing to do that though.

To me it would have to be a pretty good prospect. Relievers are the hot commodity right now.

The only way this makes sense is if DD is using Brach to get rid of Gallardo and to get cash from the Mets for Granderson's deal. 

That sucks that we have to root for a franchise that has to constantly attach positive value to its bad players just to get rid of the bad players salary. 

Brach should be able to fetch us a cheap option for OF for years. Not a rental vet on a one year deal. I'm against trading Brach here. 

You guys and your orange tinted glasses. Let me repeat the Orioles are getting nothing of value for Gallardo or Jimenez. Nothing. Repeat that 10 times or however long it takes for it to sink in. 

And I would trade Brach fo Bruce...even if I had to kick in another lower level prospect. Bruce = Trumbo (plus he's a better fielder). 

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

Shouldnt Brach have more value than a $15M per year 36 Year old OF. On a one year deal? Just seems like the O's should be able to get a younger player for Brach. 

Mets are the ones currently saying no.

52 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Depends if you consider Gallardo a major league starting pitcher. 

Selling low has never been my cup of tea.  I did not want Gallardo at all, but why not let the three of fhese pitch up a little of their value in the spring, if possible, and see what is what.  Gallardo can't be any worse and could easily be a 5 starter if he improves even a small amount from last year.   Either way, I certainly might deal him in a different scenario, but I think DD waits and sees what he has in spring. 

7 minutes ago, weams said:

Mets are the ones currently saying no.

• The Mets are interested in swinging a deal for Orioles right-hander Brad Brach, tweets ESPN’s Buster Olney.  The Mets have been rumored to be seeking right-handed help in the ’pen but aren’t pursuing top-tier free agents.  Brach would represent an affordable setup option, but with two years of club control and a 2.39 ERA over his past 158 1/3 innings, Brach should come with a high asking price.  The Orioles have been linked to Mets outfielders Jay Bruce and Curtis Granderson (they’re said to prefer the latter), but neither of those outfielders would be enough to get the O’s to part with Brach.

Thats as of 5:12 PM.

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You guys and your orange tinted glasses. Let me repeat the Orioles are getting nothing of value for Gallardo or Jimenez. Nothing. Repeat that 10 times or however long it takes for it to sink in. 

And I would trade Brach fo Bruce...even if I had to kick in another lower level prospect. Bruce = Trumbo (plus he's a better fielder). 

Is this a joke? Anyone who saw Brach last year realizes that he is worth far more than one year of Bruce. The Mets would absolutely trade Bruce for Brach and Gallardo. Those two would still cost less than Bruce. Let's hope DD's screw up of last offseason--signing Gallardo--doesn't cost us Brach.

5 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

Is this a joke? Anyone who saw Brach last year realizes that he is worth far more than one year of Bruce. The Mets would absolutely trade Bruce for Brach and Gallardo. Those two would still cost less than Bruce. Let's hope DD's screw up of last offseason--signing Gallardo--doesn't cost us Brach.

Not saying I want Bruce but did you look at Brach's second half numbers?  3.94 ERA, 1.382 WHIP 725 OPS allowed.

He isn't a lock to be the guy we saw in the first half going forward.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not saying I want Bruce but did you look at Brach's second half numbers?  3.94 ERA, 1.382 WHIP 725 OPS allowed.

He isn't a lock to be the guy we saw in the first half going forward.

I agree.   Hopefully he bounces back, but his second half was worrisome.   I was wondering if he was hurt.   

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:38 PM, Moose Milligan said:

It's alright but it's just a band-aid.  It doesn't provide a long term solution.  If we get Granderson or Pagan they're just a stop gap for the next year or two while we hover around .500 with an inconsistent offense that's fun to watch when they're clubbing homers but infuriating when they're swinging out of their shoes and getting shut out.

Looks like we're just trying to tread water this offseason.

I'm good with just treading water this offseason if we extend manny, schoop, and tillman, and holding money to open up the bank for Bumgardener next offseason?!?!

Archived