Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Number5 said:

By my count, we have would have two spots open if we signed Trumbo.  I'm guessing both would be filled by outfielders, unless they used one of them to have Mancini on the big club.

I was figuring on Rickard or Tavares for one spot.   I think they'll pay a vet for the other.  

4 minutes ago, pwhite said:

I hate complaining about the O's spending money, but why are we committing more money to another power hitting high strike out player? He just had his best year ever. We keep giving out bad contracts after career years (Davis, Jimenez, Hardy).

I'm not sure that 3 years for less than $40 would be considered a bad contract for Trumbo.  The Orioles have done pretty well with this type of lineup, haven't they?

9 minutes ago, pwhite said:

I hate complaining about the O's spending money, but why are we committing more money to another power hitting high strike out player? He just had his best year ever. We keep giving out bad contracts after career years (Davis, Jimenez, Hardy).

You have a good point, though I wouldn't say Hardy had a career year before he got his contract.  

Archived