Joe Mauer - 1B

Miguel Sano - 3B

Max Kepler - RF

Kennys Vargas - DH

Jorge Polanco - SS

Jason Castro - C

Byron Buxton - CF

Ervin Ramon Santana - RHP  (6-2, 2.07 ERA) ) *

* ) Leads the Major Leagues in Shutouts (1) and Hits Ceded Per 9 Innings (4.279)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RZNJ said:

For me, the first signs of arm fatigue in his last start in Detroit.    He really had poor command of his fastball in that game after having almost pinpoint control all year long.   He was missing some fastball pitches by a wide margin.    A lot of his curves had no snap as well.     The O's say they are keeping a close eye on him.    If Bundy is 90-91 with poor fastball command tonight, it's time to skip at least one start.  

Still worried?    He was 92/93 most of the night and I thought his command was superb.  

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice bounceback effort but superb isn't the word I would use for his command, not with three walks.

I hear you on the walks, but to me he threw a ton of well located strikes.   

o

21 OUTS: ) 7 Strikeouts, 6 Groundouts, 4 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Poput, 1 Caught Stealing

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))) (vs. TWINS, 5/23) )) [  

IP:.lll. 7

H:l.lll  6 )) (1 Home Run, 3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:llllll 2

BB:.ll 3

SO:))ll7

Pitches: )  107 )(68 )Strikes, .39)Balls)

2017 ERA: 2.920)

2017 WHIP: )l 1.144 )  64.67 Innings  (74 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .235 )  55  for 234 

PITCHES BY INNING

12 ll(71 lStrikes,  )l.51 ))lBalls)

20 ..(13 llStrikes,  lll71  ll.Balls)

91 lll(51ll.Strikes,  ll.41 )lllBalls)

11 l.l(81ll.Strikes,  ll.31 )lllBalls)

26 l.(14 .Strikes,  )l12 )...Balls)

14 ..(10 llStrikes,  llll41  ll.Balls)

15 .ll(11 .lStrikes,  llll41  ll.Balls)

o

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

He pitched well.  Guess I'll be worried about him all year.

If not his entire career.    I enjoy watching him pitch, though.    He knows what he's doing out there.  

Another terrific outing from Bundy.   He looked like he had his best fastball of the season.   Allowed a lot of leadoff baserunners but induced a couple of DP's and benefited from Mancini throwing Gardner out at 3B on a fly out.  

o

The Orioles' defense recorded 3 double plays in the 7 innings that Bundy pitched.

Aaron Judge got an extra strike from the umpires, and hit a solo home run in the 7th inning.

21 OUTS: ) 10 Flyouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))) (vs. YANKEES, 5/29) )) [  

IP:.lll. 7

H:l.lll  7 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:llllll 2

BB:.l1

SO:llll3

Pitches: )  95 )(62 )Strikes, .33)Balls)

2017 ERA: 2.89

2017 WHIP: )l 1.144 )  71.67 Innings  (82 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .240 )  62  for 258 

PITCHES BY INNING

91 ll(61 lStrikes,  .l.3 ))lBalls)

14 ..(71 )Strikes,  lll7  ll.Balls)

81 ..(61lllStrikes,  ll.2 )lllBalls)

16 lll(11l..Strikes,  ll.5 )lllBalls)

13 ..(10 llStrikes,  ll)3  ll.Balls)

12 lll(71 llStrikes,  .ll5  ll.Balls)

23 ..(15 llStrikes,  ll)8  ll.Balls)

o

On 5/23/2017 at 8:14 AM, RZNJ said:

For me, the first signs of arm fatigue in his last start in Detroit.    He really had poor command of his fastball in that game after having almost pinpoint control all year long.   He was missing some fastball pitches by a wide margin.    A lot of his curves had no snap as well.     The O's say they are keeping a close eye on him.    If Bundy is 90-91 with poor fastball command tonight, it's time to skip at least one start.  

Now two starts later: Bundy's four seamer averaged 92.9 mph today, maxing out at 95.5.   His two-seamer averaged 93.2, maxing out at 94.8.     His best velocity of the year, I think.   

If I'm not mistaken, this is around the time Bundy's velocity ticked up last year, too.    

He is from Texas.  Could be that the warm weather has something to do with it. 

Velocity dropped last September after spiking after he was moved to the starting rotation in July.  Would be nice to see him hitting 96, 97 again.  

9 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Velocity dropped last September after spiking after he was moved to the starting rotation in July.  Would be nice to see him hitting 96, 97 again.  

Bundy isn't from Texas.

He's from Oklahoma.

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Now two starts later: Bundy's four seamer averaged 92.9 mph today, maxing out at 95.5.   His two-seamer averaged 93.2, maxing out at 94.8.     His best velocity of the year, I think.   

If I'm not mistaken, this is around the time Bundy's velocity ticked up last year, too.    

He looked much better today.   And without the right field disaster area, he would only have given up the one run. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It actually started a slow decline in July (after peaking in June).  It then revived a bit in September. I think moving from the pen to starting (plus of course recovering) makes it difficult to discern broader meaning from that pattern.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=605164&b_hand=-1&gFilt=&pFilt=FA|SI|FC|CU|SL|CS|KN|CH|FS|SB&time=game&minmax=ci&var=mph&s_type=2&startDate=04/01/2016&endDate=10/01/2016

14 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Honestly, I couldn't care less about his velocity, except to the extent it signifies health.    He's been incredibly effective all year no matter what his fastball was doing.    He's a dominant pitcher.   

11 outings, 10 quality starts and he's gone 6+ every time out.    That's better than I would have dreamed possible going into the season.  

Archived