Dylan Bundy 2017

Frobby

46 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

He's a breath of fresh air for this organization. He's the only starting pitcher on the team that seems to have real confidence in his stuff. Most of our guys nibble. He goes right after hitters - "Here's my best stuff, try to hit it."

Well, it helps that he can usually throw the ball where he wants it to go.     

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Orioles' defense recorded 3 double plays in the 7 innings that Bundy pitched.

Aaron Judge got an extra strike from the umpires, and hit a solo home run in the 7th inning.

21 OUTS: ) 10 Flyouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts (Including 2 Double Plays), 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))) (vs. YANKEES, 5/29) )) [  

IP:.lll. 7

H:l.lll  7 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:llllll 2

BB:.l1

SO:llll3

Pitches: )  95 )(62 )Strikes, .33)Balls)

2017 ERA: 2.89

2017 WHIP: )l 1.144 )  71.67 Innings  (82 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .240 )  62  for 258 

PITCHES BY INNING

91 ll(61 lStrikes,  .l.3 ))lBalls)

14 ..(71 )Strikes,  lll7  ll.Balls)

81 ..(61lllStrikes,  ll.2 )lllBalls)

16 lll(11l..Strikes,  ll.5 )lllBalls)

13 ..(10 llStrikes,  ll)3  ll.Balls)

12 lll(71 llStrikes,  .ll5  ll.Balls)

23 ..(15 llStrikes,  ll)8  ll.Balls)

o

o

A Look at Dylan Bundy's Strong Record Against the AL East

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/05/a-look-at-dylan-bundys-strong-record-against-the-al-east.html

o

o

15 OUTS: ) 4 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Lineouts, 2 Fouluts, 2 Flyouts

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 6/03) )) [  

IP:ll).. 5

H:l.lll  4 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 2 Singles)

R:l.lllll 2

BB:.ll 1

SO:).ll4

Pitches: )l  100 )(67 )Strikes, )33 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 2.93

2017 WHIP: )l 1.135 )  76.67 Innings  (87 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .239 )  66  for 276 

PITCHES BY INNING

15 ll(11 lStrikes,  .l.41 l.Balls)

27 ..(19 )Strikes,  lll81  llBalls)

12 l.(71 lStrikes,  lll51 llBalls)

31 l.(20 .Strikes,  l.11 ll)lBalls)

15 ..(10 .Strikes,  lll51 )lBalls)

o

With the bullpen having logged a lot of innings the last two nights, we really need for Bundy to be his usual self and give us at least 6 IP tonight.

On the one hand, it would be nice to limit Bundy's innings in light of the heavy increase he's had so far this year.     On the other hand, it's tough to do when the rest of the starters are averaging a pathetic 5.10 IP/start.

I know I'm being greedy but I wish Bundy threw regularly in the mid 90s.  When he did that last year he was Cy Young like.  However despite regularly throwing in the low 90s this year he is still a TOR.  Again, me being greedy and Bundy is anything but a problem compared to the rest of our SP so I apologize in advance.

47 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I know I'm being greedy but I wish Bundy threw regularly in the mid 90s.  When he did that last year he was Cy Young like.  However despite regularly throwing in the low 90s this year he is still a TOR.  Again, me being greedy and Bundy is anything but a problem compared to the rest of our SP so I apologize in advance.

Am I being greedy to want to see him throw 200 innings and still be healthy?    I don't care how fast he throws it if he does that.   

o

I am going to be super-greedy, and hope that the Orioles win tonight's game.

And I'm a bastard, because I am going to be there. I'm going to paint my Reggie Jackson bobblehead orange-and-black. 

o

2 hours ago, O's84 said:

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Am I being greedy to want to see him throw 200 innings and still be healthy?    I don't care how fast he throws it if he does that.   

I never said that, I actually didn't even read your post. And regarding my post I didn't do it in a bad manner, I was polite. I'm very happy that Bundy after all those injuries is pitching in the Majors, let alone pitching like a TOR.  Everything else I said in my original post.

2 hours ago, O's84 said:

I never said that, I actually didn't even read your post. And regarding my post I didn't do it in a bad manner, I was polite. I'm very happy that Bundy after all those injuries is pitching in the Majors, let alone pitching like a TOR.  Everything else I said in my original post.

You're misinterpreting me.   I wasn't criticizing you, or suggesting that you were accusing me of being greedy.   I'm just acknowledging that my own ambitions for Bundy, while on a different issue than yours, are also arguably greedy.

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You're misinterpreting me.   I wasn't criticizing you, or suggesting that you were accusing me of being greedy.   I'm just acknowledging that my own ambitions for Bundy, while on a different issue than yours, are also arguably greedy.

I'm still where I was last year.

I want him to pitch for the whole season and be healthy.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm still where I was last year.

I want him to pitch for the whole season and be healthy.

Well, that sounds good to me.    But the innings issue is tricky, when he's pitching well and not really experiencing hiccups through 6 IP very often.    In an ideal world maybe you'd pull him after 5 just to limit his innings on the year, but how do you do that when all the other starters are pitching 5.1 innings per start?    And your team is in contention?

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, that sounds good to me.    But the innings issue is tricky, when he's pitching well and not really experiencing hiccups through 6 IP very often.    In an ideal world maybe you'd pull him after 5 just to limit his innings on the year, but how do you do that when all the other starters are pitching 5.1 innings per start?    And your team is in contention?

And when you know he is going to fight you every step of the way?

Good question.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

My apologies then, just a misunderstanding.

Archived